Chapter 85 | Headache?

Uraraka's Pov.

  It hurt... It hurt more than she imagined... She had to keep something there taped to her leg, pretty much anything to make sure it didn't bleed, just in case...

  Every time she walked, she could feel the stab of pain and did all she could not to limp...

  Uraraka hoped they weren't doing anything too crazy for the hero basic training... but she was also worried that whatever was taped to her leg would show through her skin tight hero costume...

  She sighed miserably. She wished she had gotten to enjoy the day more, but that wasn't the case...

  Deku kept giving her concerned stares, so she tried to cover it up with a fake smile, even though she knew that he saw right through her...

  "Are you okay?" Deku asked for the fiftieth time that day. She was a little surprised because she didn't see him walk over, but she looked up at him and gave him a fake smile.

  "Of course! I don't know why you're worrying so much!" Uraraka tried to sound as enthusiastic and happy as she could, but that only made Deku look more concerned...

  A stab of pain went through her thigh, but she had to stand strong, pretend nothing was wrong. She only had to see Recovery Girl later...

  She could only hope that no one noticed too much that she was wearing the uniform so that she could cover up her awkward bandage of paper towel around the mark... though, a few people kept giving her weird stares and she could also feel Deku's gaze trained on her again. It made her shift uncomfortably.

  "W-Would you stop staring at me?" Uraraka asked with a slight blush on her face.

  "S-Sorry," Deku apologized. She could tell he looked away, but kept his eye on her.

  And then it was that time: Basic Hero Training, or Heroing one-oh-one.

  'What should I do to get changed..?'

  She tried her best to stand in the corner to hide the stab mark.

  It hurt so much still...

  'Wait a minute...'

  She held a hand up to her head.

  "Guys, I have a really bad headache... I should go visit recovery girl," she started to sway in a dizzy way to make the act complete.

  "Maybe you should have someone go with you if you're that dizzy," Momo suggested, "Since we can't go, ask someone outside if they can help you to the nurse's office."

  "Yeah... okay," Uraraka nodded.

  She walked out of the locker rooms, but decided not to get someone to go with her...

  Uraraka continued the act because she knew there would be others out there already.

  Deku and Bakugo were standing there.

  'If I sneak past Deku, then I can get there...'

  Uraraka started walking away.

  "Uraraka," Deku called her. She would have to keep up the act.

  "Yeah... what is it?" Uraraka turned toward him swaying a little bit.

  "Why don't you have your hero suit on?" Deku asked.

  "I'm going to the nurse's office... Really bad headache..." Uraraka lied, it hurt though.

  "I'll come with you!" Deku replied at an instant.

Deku's Pov.

  "I'm going to the nurse's office... Really bad headache..." Uraraka told him, he felt like she was lying somehow though...

  "I'll come with you!" Deku replied with no hesitation, maybe out of habit.

  'This will be my chance to find out what's wrong!'

  "Oh... um... okay..." Uraraka nodded her head.

  There was a thick, heavy silence between them on the walk. 

  Deku studied her closely to watch her expression, she looked like she was off in another world... but at the same time there was something else there... maybe just being uncomfortable..? No... there was something else...

  He watched her movements next. was she slightly lopsided..? Wait... was she... limping..? Just the slightest bit. But if she had a head injury, then she wouldn't be limping... maybe swaying a little like she's clearly forcing?

  'What's going on with her?'

  "C-Could you please stop staring at me..?" Uraraka asked him, not turning to look at him.

  "S-Sorry..." Deku put an arm up to rub the back of his head, but then his elbow hit her in the head...

  "Sorry!" Deku apologized much faster and then rubbed the back of his head with his other hand.

  "It's okay... I never really had a headache anyway..." Uraraka stopped forcing her swaying, and now Deku could clearly see that she was limping... "I just had to-" Uraraka stopped herself from saying something else.

  'Why would she be covering up her limping?'

  It was a little likely she had a cramp, but why would she cover it up with this? No... It was probably something else doing this to her...

  He knew that Uraraka was independent, and probably fully capable of taking care of herself, but was she being too independent trying to cover this up?

  Deku didn't want to disrespect her boundaries, but he wanted to find out what's wrong...

  'Why can't you just tell me what's wrong?'

  There was another heavy, awkward silence that sat between them.

  They got to the nurse's office after what seemed to be an eternity.

  "Um... Thank you for walking me here..." Uraraka thanked him at the side of the door. She started walking away.

  'She's... still going in the nurse's office? That means... she still injured somehow.

  "Wait," Deku touched her should and she flinched away.

  "What?" Uraraka asked, turning around and moving her shoulder so that Deku wasn't touching it.

  "Please tell me what's wrong," Deku pleaded.

  "There's nothing wrong, now see you later," Uraraka turned and limped even more away.

  "Uraraka," Deku caught her hand.

  "You said before that you didn't actually have a headache, so why else would you actually go in unless there was something else that was wrong?" Deku thought aloud.

  "Just... forget about it," Uraraka said a final time before disappearing in the nurse's office.

  Deku was about to leave until he heard the conversation, even though he didn't usually eavesdrop, he needed to know what was going on...

  "Why did you come, dear?" he could hear Recovery Girl.

  "I need you to... heal me..." Uraraka told her.

  "I know that much, why else would you be here?" Recovery Girl conversed, "What do you need healed?"

  Uraraka was probably showing her something... but that was when he heard it.

  "My dear... where did you get that stab mark?"