Chapter 52 | Making Lunch

Deku's Pov.

  They were just about done setting up seven of the tents. It was weird, they really didn't need to get any of those extra tents laying around everywhere now, and they were probably hidden and not worth the trouble at this point. They could just focus on surviving for the next week.

  He looked over to Yaoyorozu. She looked really tired... Deku felt a little bad. This was probably really hard on her... She had to create and help at the same time.

  "We're almost done with the main set up, but we still need a little more things for this to work," Tokoyami thought aloud. He looked over to Yaoyorozu, "But for now we need to rest and get something for us to eat."

  At the moment, the sun was half across the sky, meaning that it would be lunch soon and the people who left would come back.

  "Mineta, you're really not doing anything useful, so maybe you should consider switching to another job," Tokoyami looked to Mineta.

  "But I like this one!" Mineta protested.

  "Only because you're not doing anything!" Uraraka argued, she was looking pretty beat too.

  They all sat down.

  "I can't believe all that packing we did before this trip was just for show..." Yaoyorozu sighed.

  "I know..." Uraraka murmured, then said more softly, "My favorite hoodie was in there..."

  "What does it look like?" Deku asked her.

  She turned red and looked really surprised, "I didn't say anything!"

  "Well, okay then," Deku knew she was lying, but didn't want to prod farther.

  Yaoyorozu looked like she was about to laugh.

  'What do they know that I don't? Probably a lot of things, but why is Uraraka getting flustered about a hoodie?'

  Deku pushed the thought away.

  "Anyway, we should check with the fishing group to see what they're up to," Deku suggested, "they might have not even started cooking lunch yet."

  Everyone nodded and then followed him to the river.

  They actually caught a good haul. Tsu was swimming in the water really fast, he couldn't see Hagakure, but he did see a pile of clothes and a floating fish. That was probably her. Wait... why didn't she have her clothes on!?

  Deku blushed but didn't say anything. That was just awkward... Now he knew how Ojiro felt during that Villain vs Hero fight and they were paired up...

  Shoji had six fishing poles made out of sticks and vines in each of his six hands, and Jiro looked like she was listening for big groups of fish and telling Hagakure and Tsu where they were.

  "How's fishing going?" Deku asked them once they noticed that they were there.

  "Good, and why are you here instead of making shelters?" Tsu replied.

  "We were taking a break," Uraraka chimed in.

  "How many did you make?" Hagakure asked.

  "Seven, so we have three more to go," Tokoyami responded.

  "Lunch is soon, so we were wondering if you cooked anything yet," Deku added.

  "No... We didn't yet..." Tsu trailed off.

  Yaoyorozu produced a lighter from herself, "We could start cooking."

  "Go for it," Hagakure showed them a hole they dug out for the fish they caught. It was filled with water and the fish were still alive. There were quite a few of them...

Uraraka's Pov.

  "I'll go collect some sticks," Deku told them, and then looked around for some.

  "Me too," Uraraka volunteered and did the same.

  Tokoyami didn't say anything, but she thought he started collecting rocks.

  Momo created a bucket and put water in it to collect the fish.

  After collecting a good amount of sticks, she found a good flat area to build the fire, and soon Tokoyami and Deku appeared next to her.

  They really didn't even need to say anything to each other, they just laid the rocks in a circle and placed the sticks so that they propped each other up.

  Momo came over and lit the fire.

  She even made a pan to cook the fish in.

  After the fire started burning more, and they gutted them, they started cooking the fish.

  Soon the people gathering came back and put the food they collected down.  

  They smelled the fish and ran over.

  "Wow! It smells so good!" Kaminari looked like he was going to drool.

  "We have no clue how good our cooking skills are..." Uraraka pushed her index fingers together.

  "We'll start cleaning sticks to eat it on," Ashido started collecting sticks.

  "But the water's dirty," Momo looked at them, "I'll make some napkins."

  "What do we do then?" Ojiro asked.

  "You could help the others catch fish," Deku suggested to them.

  They nodded and headed for the river.

  Koda just sat down and gestured, "Sorry, but I really don't kill animals..."

  "It's okay," Uraraka reassured him.

  "I'll eat when everyone else does, but I'll just eat some of the fruits..." Koda did another gesture.

  They all nodded understandingly and continued with their work. 

  Soon everyone came back, and then surrounded them.

  "Wow!"

  "Smells delicious!"

  "I can't wait to eat!"

  Someone pushed through the crowd, knocking a couple of people over.

  "Why the-" a beep sounded, "-is everyone-" another beep rang out, "-crowded around these-," and yet another beep sounded, "-idiots!"

  Uraraka's heart was pounding with terror. He was scary! She could feel Deku trembling slightly beside her, but only slightly. Plus he still had a confident face on so she guessed no one thought he was scared.

  'If he can put a confident smile on, so can I!'

  "We're cooking food because everyone's probably hungry," Uraraka's voice shook a little bit, but not too much.

  "Yeah, do you want some Kacchan?" Deku asked him, she could hear the slight shaking in his voice, but he wasn't trembling as much as before.

  "Psh, no," Bakugo walked away.

  "Thank you Uraraka," Deku whispered to her so no one else could hear them, she could see he was blushing the slightest bit.

  "Of course," she mumbled back, with some blush on her face.

__________________________________________________________-

Author's note: There are 400+ comments now!