Chapter 71 | Is There a Catch?

Uraraka's Pov.

  The bus came to a stop, and she was awake already. This time, she didn't fall asleep!

  She had a nice conversation with Deku! That was weird, usually a bunch of people interrupted and then tried to ship them even more...

  "Okay..." Mr. Aizawa stood up, "I'll explain when we get out of the bus..."

  'I'm not sure what to expect, but I'll stay on my guard, just in case..."

  "Keep your guard up," she suggested to Deku.

  "I was thinking the same thing," Deku smiled at her.

  They got off the bus, and were genuinely surprised! In a good way this time!

  In front of them was... a lake! And a quite nice one in fact! There were houses surrounding the lake, and even a dock with lots of boats on it!

  "Wow!" she gasped, "but what's going on?"

  "I'm just as confused as you are..." Deku sighed, scratching the back of his head.

  "Because UA decided... Not because I wanted to..." Mr. AIzawa started, did he smile a little?"We're going on this trip because we left you stranded in a forest for a week... and because you passed our little test..."

  "Really!?" everyone said together in unison, except for Aoyama, who said, "Fabulous!"

  "You'll be sharing a room with the person you sat next to on the bus... just like when you were partners during the camping trip..." Mr. Aizawa mentioned in a bored way.

  Uraraka blushed, she was sitting next to Deku.

  She turned to Deku, and he turned to her.

  "When did UA get private lake houses..?" Deku chuckled awkwardly, still rubbing the back of his head, his gaze didn't exactly connect with hers and his face was a little pink.

  "I wonder..." Uraraka pushed her index fingers together.

  "We'll be staying here for today, tomorrow, and then leave the day after that..." Mr. Aizawa looked like he was about to fall asleep, wait... when did he get his yellow sleeping bag?

  "Go eat lunch first..." he told them, "You can unpack later..."

  Everyone still headed back onto the bus to get their things... You never know... What if they left? She couldn't trust them after they left them...

  After grabbing everything, she dragged it over to where Mr. Aizawa was standing.

  "I'll give you your room keys after lunch..." Mr. Aizawa's monotone voice echoed, "Go to that building over there for food..."

  He zipped up his yellow sleeping bag, and rolled away.

  It kind of reminded her of a roly poly, except he rolled on his side instead of curled up (and roly polys were much cuter...).

  They started walking over to the building.

  "I'm so glad we're here instead of more training..." Uraraka sighed, relieved.

  "But... Why do I have a feeling that there's going to be some catch?" Deku wondered aloud, "Like we're not here only because of the vacation?"

  "I don't know," Uraraka was a little confused, "But you should loosen up a little, UA is giving us a break for once!"

Deku's Pov.

  Something didn't sit right with him... The way Mr. Aizawa smirked while he was talking... or maybe how he was mumbling to himself after a few things he told the class (of course he mutters stuff to himself, but this was different.)... It just... didn't feel right...

  "I'm so glad we're here instead of more training..." Deku could hear Uraraka beside him.

  "But..." Deku started, "Why do I have a feeling that there's going to be some kind of catch? Like we're not only here because of the vacation?"

  "I don't know, but you should loosen up a little! UA is giving us a break for once!" Uraraka smiled in a carefree way, it made him smile.

  "Maybe you're right..." Deku sighed.

  'I'll keep my guard up though... Just in case...'

  He kept his ears listening for something unusual and looked around frequently.

  "Are you okay?" Uraraka asked him.

  "I'm sorry..." Deku sighed again, "I just can't let my guard down... There's a catch, a reason why we're here, I just know it!"

  Uraraka looked a little concerned, but shrugged and they walked in silence.

  Lunch passed pretty quickly and then after they got their key, they started walking to their lake house.

  Again, Deku couldn't seem to shake the thought that there was a catch...

  'They might wake us up for training... or... make us spar for a while... there's no way that UA is letting us off the hook that easily...'

  He looked around again, including behind them. There was no one except their classmates...

  Deku even looked up, but there were only puffy cumulus clouds and a couple birds passing overhead.

  Their lake house was the last one, so they were alone near the end of the walk.

  "Stop worrying," Uraraka told him.

  "What do you mean?" Deku tried to play dumb.

  "Everything will be okay," Uraraka told him, ignoring his last comment.

  He smiled at her, she was probably right.

  They got to the little lake house, it was really nice! You had to walk up some steps to get in, and from the door, there was a little kitchen, a small living room (and it even had a TV!) that had two doors to a bedroom and a bathroom. Hold on... there was only one bedroom?

  There was only one bed... UA had to save money (he thinks..?), this whole lake and these lake houses must have cost a fortune!

  He felt like worms were wriggling under his skin... He felt like he got sunburned on his face.  Okay, maybe he was sunburned (but the point was that he was blushing a lot.)...

  "Did you get sunburned?" Uraraka asked him, pointing at his face.

  "Maybe..." Deku felt where the blush was on his face, and it stung, "Ouch..."

  "Here," Uraraka got some kind of cream out of her bag and put a bunch of it in her fingers. She plopped some on his nose, "Boop!"

  She giggled and he laughed, but she put the rest on his face. Her touch was very gentle and tender, so caring.

  "Done!" Uraraka finished, and smiled.

__________________________________

Author's Note: Who wants Mina's Pov back? Just for maybe one more time?