Chapter 39 | When You've Had Enough Truth or Dare

Uraraka's Pov.

  She hated wearing that stupid dress... The only reason she wasn't talking was because she really didn't want to do the dare, and she didn't want to call anyone "Master".

  Uraraka just sat there, not saying a word. Deku was talking to others a little bit, but not to her. She knew the reason for that, but she still felt kind of lonely...

  She was starting to hate truth or dare... last time she played was one thing, but this.... was another....

  It was getting frustrating just to watch... maybe she could just go back to her own sleeping area and sleep.

  Uraraka stood up.

  "Goodnight guys, I'm going to my sleeping area..." she told them.

  "What? So soon?" Mina cried.

  "Yeah! I don't want to get anymore dares like this," she pointed at her dress, "It's not funny for me... or for Deku I'm guessing."

  Deku nodded, but was sitting in the opposite direction of her. He looked a little embarrassed, well... It was hard to explain because he's always flustered.

  'Why is he doing that?'

  She looked down at her outfit and remembered with blush on her face. Quickly smoothing down her skirt as much as she could, then sitting back down to say more.

  "Whatever you think you're doing Isn't funny. Last truth or dare was bearable, but look at what you did to me this time!" she exclaimed, pinching a layer of her skirt.

  "I don't even care about the "dare is a dare" anymore... I've had it with this dress! I'll do the rest of them, but enough is enough!" she crossed her arms over her body.

  She marched back into the room where she got changed into this outfit, and started changing back into her other clothes from before.

  Uraraka kept the bow in her hair though, it was the only thing that she liked out of it... The rest she hated.

  'Better...'

  She sighed with relief.

  Uraraka opened the door again, and went back into the tent, but this time, instead of stopping at the group, she headed right past them to find her sleeping area. Uraraka got her backpack on the way (she also picked up her Bird of Paradise flower, there was no way she could just leave it there!).

  She found it and strolled in.

  'Wow!'

  It was so much bigger than before, with a twin bed, a bedside table, a lamp and... a TV!? Even though she could've used her phone, a TV is much more appealing because of its hugs screen.

  'Wait... a twin size bed...'

  She would have to share that with Deku...

  'Right, Tokoyami made this before we played truth or dare...'

  Uraraka switched on the TV, and sat on the bed.

  She went to the "Anime Lovers" Netflix account and played one she wanted to continue. It was called Soul Eater.

  Uraraka quickly found out all the male characters were idiots, and it was just sad... there was really no normal male characters...

Deku's Pov.

  "I'll go to sleep too, goodnight!" he rushed after Uraraka, and didn't hear everyone's response.

  Soon, Deku walked in his and Uraraka's sleeping room.

  "What is it Deku?" she asked, "Yeah I'm going to skip the whole "Master" thing too."

  He blushed at that comment.

  "Well anyway," he started, scratching the back of his head, "I didn't want to leave my best friend alone..."

   "Thank you..." she didn't look directly at his eyes, but she blushed..

   'There's a TV in here!?'

   "Wait, is that a TV!?" he exclaimed, surprised.

   "Yeah it is!" Uraraka told him, "I had the same reaction!"

   She smiled at him.

   "Can... I watch with you?" he asked.

   "Sure, why not?" Uraraka nodded.

   Deku sat down next to her.

   Uraraka switched on the TV and went to the "Guest" profile.

   "What do you want to watch?" Uraraka questioned.

   'There's so many good options...'

   "You choose..." he told her, "I'll overthink if I try to choose."

   After they agreed on a movie, they started talking while the movie was playing.

   "My mom replied back to the picture I sent her from the dare..." he trailed off.

   "Really?" she replied, "What did she say?"

  'Will she hate me after I show her? I don't want my friend to hate me... I don't think she'll hate me, but she might-'

  "Deku," she poked his shoulder.

  "Oh... sorry," he jolted back to reality, "I'll just- um... let you read it yourself..."

  He took out his phone and let her read the message that said, Is that your girlfriend?!

  Uraraka looked a little disappointed.

  "Do-Do you have a girlfriend..?" she asked him, not looking him in the eye.

  'I don't want her to get any ideas!'

  "No!" he said louder than needed, "That's just my mom for you..."

  "Oh, okay!" Uraraka brightened up. She looked into his eyes again. Her eyes just drew him in. Like the line from the song Cliche, 'Those eyes... they drew me in...'

  'Why was she so disappointed when she thought I had a girlfriend? Did she think it would change our friendship or something? I don't think anything could change it... unless...'

  "Unless what?" she questioned him, and then she started poking his shoulder, "I overheard you this time!"

  "Uh- Um- Er- Nothing!" he started waving his hands in front of his bright red face.

  'Is there a right way to answer that?'

  "Um... Okay then..." she looked a little sad. She didn't look at him.

  'I didn't want to make her upset...'

  They both continued watching the movie a little quieter this time. 

  He felt a familiar warmth on his shoulder and blushed a little bit. He knew it was Uraraka.

  When the movie ended, he picked her up to set her in the bed the right way, and then he slid beside her.

  He was still blushing a lot...

  "Goodnight Ochaco," he whispered before turning out the lamp.

  "Deku..." she mumbled in her sleep, "I-I..."

  Deku drifted off to sleep with that one thought, 'What was she going to say?'