Chapter 88 | I Hope She Makes it Through the Night...

Uraraka's Pov.

  'Okay, everything's set up... Popcorn, fruit punch, movies to choose from... Wait a minute... Maybe movies aren't the best idea... I might just fall asleep again...'

  "Hey..." Uraraka turned to her friends, "I have a group dare for all of us..."

  She probably sounded really unenthusiastic... But it didn't matter, as long as they accepted then it would work.

  "What is it?" Mina asked, looking a little excited.

  "Well, what if we stayed up the entire night? And if one of us falls asleep then we need to wake them up right away," Uraraka suggested.

  "Can we spice it up a little? Like, what if you fall asleep then you have to confess to your crush?" Mina smirked.

  "No fair!" Toru crossed her arms, "You don't have a crush!"

  "Meaning that you have one. Toru! My best friend didn't tell me about her crush!" Mina put the back of her hand on her forehead dramatically.

  "Sorry Mina, but I didn't want what happened to IzuOcha happen to me and O-" she stopped herself and covered her mouth.

  "Ojiro! Knew it, ribbit!" Tsu smiled.

  "So you're saying that you had an idea and you didn't tell me?" Mina looked at Tsu.

  Uraraka's phone buzzed with a text notification.

  'It's from Deku!'

  It read, I'm here for you.

  She blushed.

  "You're blushing, it's from Midoriya," Mina smirked at her. Then a few seconds later she stole the phone from her hands.

  "Ooh!" Mina squealed.

  "What does it say, ribbit?" Tsu wondered aloud.

  "Give it back!" Uraraka reached for her phone, but Mina held it out of her reach.

  "It says "I'm here for you"," Mina told everyone and then handed her phone back to her.

  "Is Villain Midoriya still haunting you?" Momo questioned with concerned eyes.

   "Y-Yeah..." Uraraka admitted.

   "What was your last dream about?" Jiro asked.

  Uraraka froze and hovered her hand above the spot where he stabbed her. She drew her hand away too quickly to touch and held the wrist of the hand she nearly touched skin with.

  It was almost too painful to think about...

  "Ochaco?" Mina called her name.

  "Er..." Uraraka trailed off, "A little painful to think about."

  She couldn't look into any of her friends' eyes, afraid of what they held in their gaze.

  "Does Midoriya know?" Toru asked in a voice different from any time she mentioned Deku in a sentence, it was really sincere and soft.

  Uraraka nodded her response because her mouth was too dry to speak. She could feel a lump in her throat, and tears almost spilling out of her eyes.

  'I've been a terrible friend...'

  "Please, will you at least give us an idea of what happened, ribbit?" Tsu asked.

  "Villain Deku... didn't even try to pose as the real Deku this time... He just... went right at me... Little did I know that when he-" Uraraka couldn't say it, but hovered her hand over the spot he stabbed again. She still couldn't get her hand to touch it and pulled it back.

Deku's Pov.

  'I don't think that she'll respond right away, so I'll just think of more ways to confess to her...'

  Deku sighed, feeling really helpless. He couldn't do anything for her.

  Every time he closed his eyes, he could see the face that Uraraka made when she was stabbed. Though he wasn't there, he could almost feel what it looked like... and it was just so horrible.

  Deku stood up. He didn't want to sit down.

  'How can I confess? It feels like there isn't ever a time we're alone... I could ask her to meet me somewhere... but I feel like someone would follow us... And what would I even say? There's probably a million ways to do this, but I can barely think of one! Should I say it while we're in school? Someone would be watching... Or after school? Maybe... I could ask her out on a date and see what she says. Or I could just say as friends... Telling Ashido to tell her would just be cheating... and I doubt Uraraka would appreciate it. I shouldn't just wait for her to say something because she probably doesn't like me and she might die by then...'

  Deku stopped walking. How long had he been pacing? He sighed and sat on his bed.

  He got a few text notifications. All of them were from Uraraka.

  Deku blushed a little bit.

  Thanks Deku, the first one said.

  The truth is... I'm really scared, the next one confessed.

  I just can't seem to get my mind off this, Uraraka had wrote.

  Deku felt so helpless. He couldn't do anything... Was there a way to get her mind off of Villain Deku?

  'Well... I have some extra mochi in the fridge. I could give the pack to her, but how?'

  He took a sticky note and a pen down with him, trying to think of something write.

  After taking the mochi out of the fridge, he wrote on the sticky note.

  I hope that this takes your mind off your nightmares. Stay safe!

  He put it on the box.

  'I hope she likes this.'

  Deku knocked on her dorm room door and started to walk away hastily.

  After turning a corner, he could hear her dorm room door open.

  Deku felt a soft smile on his face. If he could do anything to cheer her up, then he would do it.

  'And now I need to get back to thinking about confessing...'

  Deku sighed and felt a pit in his stomach. There was a lump in his throat, and he felt memories of Uraraka rush into his head.

  'I hope she can make it through the night... I don't know what i would do without her. If I can think of a single way to say my feelings to her, then I'll take it and confess as soon as I can. She's too much to me to just leave her behind. I need to try.'