I'm Fragile

Bakugo POV:

"Mina, shut up already."

"But this is exciting! It's not everyday you watch you-"

"Shut up! He can hear you!" I cover her mouth and give a mean glare. "This is why I don't tell you things."

"So rude."

"I don't care." I groaned, removing my hand. "Just cover for me. Say I went to gather more wood or some crap."

"Yessir." She saluted, what an absolute moron.

Sneaking off into the woods, I begin my search for the perfect place. It couldn't be too close to the kingdom, but it couldn't be very far either..

I had been planning this since before we left, even Aizawa helped me out. Maybe I was going to fast, but my gut told me to go through with it. I just knew he was the one..

It had to be perfect, I would accept it no other way. Because either way, this day would be remembered forever.

Arriving upon a clearing, I see the perfect spot. Directly in the middle, there was a toppled over log. It had a single red mushroom on the far left side, and moss covered the whole top.

The space was beautiful to say the least. I could only hope Red would like it..

Grabbing some nearby rocks, I form a small circle in the dirt in front of the log. It wasn't very fancy, but there's not much you can do when you're in the forest.

Satisfied with the circle, I move on to gathering firewood. I wouldn't need much, since I wouldn't be burning it for very long.

As I set up the wood, the sun burns down on my neck. This is not the time to get sunburned.

I wasn't the best at setting up campfires, but this one didn't look nearly as lousy as my others. Well, Red got distracted with just about anything. It's not like he'd take the time to lecture me on my fire building skills.

Why was I even doing this so early? It's not even the middle of the day and I'd be taking Red here later tonight.

I need to stop overthinking things and start focusing on what would make Red happy. That is all that matters right now.

Brushing my hands off on my pants, I stand back up. This would have to do I guess.

I gather a couple sticks on my way back, just to make it seem like I was actually gathering wood.

When I got back to the kingdom, I see Itazura and Kashi still buzzing around Red's arms. I knew Taiyo was cute, but they had to be overreacting just a little.

"Was Red seriously standing there the whole time?" I whisper to Mina.

"Yup, didn't even move. He looks so done with it already." She snickers as I set the wood down.

"Oi! Red!" I call over, his head instantly perks up. "Can I hold the child for a bit?"

"Yes!" He nods eagerly, stepping away from the chittering girls.

"Thanks." I say, gingerly holding Taiyo as she laughs and spurts in my arms. "Hi!"

She just reaches out for my face, smiling widely and drooling. Her hair stuck out randomly, messy and whisp-like.

A hum comes from in front of me, Kashi was pointing at the baby. She looked up at me with big eyes, as if she were waiting for an answer.

"She asked to hold the baby Bakugo." Red says over his shoulder.

"But I just got her." I whine, reluctantly handing her Taiyo and nodding so she'd understand.

If these dragon bitches weren't children and Red's friends I would kick their asses out. They weren't loud, but they were sure annoying with their humming sounds.