Alternate Way

Momo POV:

"Have all the invitations been sent?"

"Yes Your Majesty, they were all sent early yesterday morning."

"Okay, and when will they be arriving?" I ask, sitting respectively at my desk, I never liked the steward, but she was nice.

"In two days, Your Majesty."

"Your excused, but send Jiro in here, would you?" I waved off the steward.

"Yes at once, Your Majesty." She bowed, leaving my office. I swear she called me 'Your Majesty' like seven times, I hate it.

Soon after the steward left, the door creaked back open.

"Mo?" Kyoka called from the door, stepping and shutting it again with her foot.

"Kyoka.." I whisper, guilt overcoming my emotions. "I'm sorry-"

"Save it. Just come and hold me.. please." She ordered, holding her arms.

Obeying her request, I drop everything and run over to her. Embracing her into my arms, her two hands snake around my back.

"I'm sorry.." I apologize again, putting my cheek on her head.

"You know it's not your fault, Mo."

"But it's not fair. Father isn't fair.."

"I know, but we'll have our way one day. We will be happy together, Mo. I'll make sure of it, no matter the cost." She promised, squeezing my waist.

"I was thinking about this all.. you know.. ordeal?" I began, a smile creeping onto my face. "And you know how Ochako and Tsu live in a cottage in the middle of nowhere?"

"Yeah what about them? Besides the fact that they're living my literal dream." Kyoko scoffed.

"Actually.. nevermind, I need to speak with Prince Shoto." I pulled away, "I'll be quick I promise."

"Huh?"

With a quick kiss to her forehead, I leave Kyoko behind as I sped to Prince Shoto's quarters. My plan was reckless, but just might work.

Knocking three times upon the door, there was a feint shuffle from within. Which was abnormal, Shoto was normally silent other than when he was talking. Was he hiding something?

"Shoto? Are you alright?" I ask as the door suddenly swings open.

Shoto stood there, looking like he had just tumbled down a flight of stairs. He looked rough..

"Did you have sex?" I asked bluntly.

"..No.. Can I help you?" He sighed, leaning against the doorframe.

"I need to talk to you, it's urgent."

"Mhm.. just give me one moment." Shoto begins to close the door, but my hand stops it.

"I know Midoriya is in there, no need to hide him. Does he have clothes on?" A faint blush spreads over his face as he gives a soft nod.

Walking past him into the room, I see Midoriya sitting awkwardly on the bedside. He gives a small wave.

"So what did you need to talk about?" The Prince crossed his arms.

"Oh right- Midoriya you can stay, this includes you." I stop the freckled boy from getting up, with him always being polite I knew he would.

"Really?"

"Mhm, okay so it's about our wedding.." I point at Shoto. "Don't worry, we already have the set up all clear. But Midoriya, do you know what I will be wearing as the bride?"

"Yes.. Was there a problem with how it looked?"

"No, not at all. But you understand how it covers.." I gesture to my whole body. "This?"

"Mhm. What are you getting at Momo?" Shoto asked.

"Well.. as a part of tradition, there is also a large veil that covers the bride from the top of her head to her waist. And it would only be lifted so the groom would see, as it is considered disrespectful for others to see the brides face on her wedding. Also it is illegal in my kingdom to kill a King or Queen, no matter the circumstance, just or unjust." I added, smiling slightly.

"You're not suggesting.."

"I am."

~time skip~

"We can stage it as a picnic! Maybe just a casual outing to the town?" I suggested, shoving another shirt into my bag.

"Please, I know your guards are stupid but I don't think that their that stupid. Couldn't Koda help us out?"

"Nobody can know besides you, Shoto, Midoriya, and myself. It'll risk everything." I explain for the third time. "Now should I pack this dress.. or this yellow one?"

"Definitely the yellow, it brings out your eyes." Kyoka compliments.

"Aw, thanks babe!" I coo, stuffing the yellow dress into the bag.

"Mhm.. Do you really think this will work?"

"No." I answered bluntly, "But we can try."

"Wow, so motivating." She said sarcastically, sinching her bag.

Kyoka didn't have nearly as many clothes as I did, maybe a total of eleven different outfits in total. Whereas I had countless, but we only packed what we needed.

Pots and pans were a must have, along with hygiene products, spices, clothing, and building tools. If this worked, I would be free..

But one thing that I didn't understand was why Shoto's own brother ordered him to be betrothed.. Especially when he knew of his and Midoriya's relationship beforehand.

It just didn't make sense. I didn't think King Toya would do such a thing..

"Hey Mo? You there?" Kyoka waved her hand infront of my eyes.

"Yes- Sorry, I was just trapped in thought."

"Okay then... Well do you know how to fish?" She asked, holding a stick with a strong tied to the end.

"A fish? Like the sea creatures you eat?"

"Mhm, but catch them with this." She held up the string pole again.

"No. I don't know how to do that. Do you?"

"Bakugo showed me at one point, but I'm not very good at it. Maybe if I teach you, you'd be better." She shrugged.

"Maybe.."

"Cook ware.. tools... shoes, pants, shirts, cloaks... Er- we should bring food."

"What?"

"Just a little something to get us going. We can exactly walk all the way to Ochako's with no food. We can't survive on just berries and roots you know."

"I know that! But were you thinking just bread or?"

"It's the best option. So yeah, bread."

"We gotta have Tsu make her soup when we get there. It's been years and I can still remember the flavor."

"Get that drool back in your mouth and help me fit these pots in your bag." Kyoka laughs, handing me two pots.

They were fairly small, so I didn't have a problem getting them to fit. In total, we packed about seven different pots. All of different shapes and sizes.

"Mo! What if instead of faking a picnic, we snuck out through the hole in the wall. Just like old times, they didn't seal it, right?" Kyoka smiles.

"They didn't. I can't believe we forgot about that."

"This may just work, Mo."

when you try to write a chapter but tiktok and netflix decide to distract you.. ahhaha.. sorry

-1221 words-

~tragedy out <3 <3