Cats

Kirishima POV:

"STOP!" I jolt up, only to be blocked by a pair of arms. Tears had already made their way down to my chest, and my cheeks were burning. 

"Your alright, its me, Shinso. Your in my castle, not his. You are okay." He said, rocking me back and forth. I wanted Bakugo's hugs, he always made me feel better..

"Where Bakugo?" I sniffled, crying always had my nose running. 

"He had to go. But he will be back in a few days. He wanted to say goodbye, but you were sleeping really good and he didn't want to wake you."

"Oh."

Bakugo left? Why would he leave me behind, did I make him upset? And why didn't he say goodbye? But he said he'd always be there for me..

"He's off doing something great, you know. He's off fighting for you, okay? The only reason he left without saying goodbye is because it would hurt. He didn't want to leave you, but it was for your good."

"What he doing?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, which are beginning to become crusted by the drying tears.

"I- ... I can't tell you." He said, confusing me. Why wouldn't he tell me? "You alright now?"

I pushed off his chest, rubbing my eyes again. Sniffing, I nodded softly, feeling hurt that Bakugo left me. But he did it for a good reason, right?

Standing back up, I rub the side of my arm, and bite my lip. He wouldn't be gone forever, Shinso said he'd be back in a few days.. So why did it feel like a punch to the gut?

"Here, why don't we go and bother Denks and Midoriya?" Shinso offered, smiling.

"D-en-s, no, D-en-k-s?" I sounded out, what was Denks?

"Oh, Kaminari, sorry it just my nickname for him. You know, since his first name is Denki? Anyways, lets go." 

Following the purple-haired Prince, he leads me through the hallways. And as usual, we arrived at the library. 

Shinso held the door open for me, letting me in first. I immediately run over to where I saw Izu sitting on the couch. He was reading a book, it had a red cover and a small picture with words on  the cover. I drape my body of the back of the couch, making Izu jump a little bit.

"Oh high Red, I didn't see you come in. You sleep okay?" He asked, slipping a piece of paper in the book and closing it.

"Yeah," I said, captivated by the drawing on his book, it looked like the outside when the sun was going down. And there were black silhouettes of people walking on a hill.

"You like the book I'm reading? Its about pirates, and its really good too!" Izu said, picking the book up and holding it out to me. Grabbing it, I bring it closer to my face to get a bette look at the photo.

"Pretty," I conclude, giving back his book.

"Yeah, it does have a pretty cover, doesn't it?"

"Prince Hitoshi?"

"Hm?" I look over to see a maid standing behind us, bowing to Shinso.

"You are summoned to the dining room. It's urgent." She said, bowing again and leaving. I look at Shinso, curious as to why he was summoned. He gives shrug as he stands up to follow her out the door.

"Wonder what he was needed for." Kaminari wondered aloud, scratching the back of his head. I nodded in agreement.

"Its probably another family meeting, most likely about the cats."

"Oh yeah, its about time the had this week's meeting. I saw two new cats wonder about out of no where just yesterday!"

"Not surprising." They laughed, I was struggling to follow the conversation.

"Cats?" I asked, tilting my head to the left.

"Oh yeah, Aizawa and Shinso are both obsessed with them, I think they own a total of... so they got two more this week, and then I think I saw like five other ones last week.. so that makes it about one-hundred and eleven cats. And they know each by name, too."

"Woah," I say, eyes wide in surprise, thats a lot of cats.. I may not know numbers, but whatever Izu just said was big. 

"Have you seen any?" Kaminari asked, looking excited.

"Don't know."

"Ah, you'll love them! Come on!" He grabs my hand and pulls me up, dragging me across the floor and to the door. Izu follows us eagerly, running along to keep up.

"Race ya!" Kaminari lets go of my hand and bolts down the hallway, laughing.

I grab Izu's arm and giggle, running after Kaminari. We sprint through the halls, giggling and skipping along to wherever Kaminari was leading us.

"Here we are, the cats usually are hiding away in here somewhere." The blonde says, pushing open one of the big doors. It seemed to be a normal bedroom at first glance.

"Spt! Spt! Here kitties!" Kaminari called out, bending low and wiggling his fingers. Sure enough, several cats come from out of nowhere, jogging up to the man's legs and hand.

Taken aback by the weird creatures, I step backwards, unsure of how to react. Suddenly, I feel a light brush on my leg, and I jump violently.

"Red, look at how cute they are!" Izu held up the cat by it's armpits, leaving the rest of its body hanging like a spaghetti noodle. "Go ahead, pet him. Try his forehead."

I hesitantly reach out to the cat's forehead and touch it. He was soft, like really soft. Stepping a little closer, I continue scratching his head.

The cat made a weird vibrating sound, and I pull my hand back, startled.

"He's just purring. It means he's happy, silly. Nothing to be afraid of." Relieved, I stick my hand back out and pet the cat again.

"Here, come hold this one, Red!"

I stop petting the cat Izu was holding, and turn to face Kaminari. He was cradling a small orange cat in his arms and stepping over the other cats at his feet, careful not to trample any was he made his way to me.

"Careful, grab him like this." He instructed, placing the cat in my arms. One Kami had let go, I looked up at him for reassurance. He gave me a smile and then picked up another cat to hold himself.

"Cute, aren't they?" He said, rubbing his cat's belly.

"Yes. Cute."

heres a much shorter chapter, and per @daughterofthedevil 's request, it was a cute lil kiri pov

but thank you for 500 votes!!! i was happy-crying when i saw that 500, no joke

i love all of you, so stay safe and healthy <3

-1064 words-

~tragedy out <3