Up In The Thinking Tree

Kirishima POV:

It was my fault.. I hurt Mina..

"And Iida?" I ask nervously, trying my best to keep myself together.

"He's in a spell-induced sleep.. He hit is head and was temporarily blinded, so the nurse had him sleep to heal faster. But he's gonna wake up tomorrow hopefully.."

"Sero?"

"He's.. a different story.. I'll tell you about him later.." He glances around, avoiding the question.

"Okay.." I whisper, ashamed of what had happened. "I go now.."

Bakugo didn't even try to stop me as I walked out of the room, he seemed lost in thought. At this point I didn't know what to do, except for wander the halls.

I had hurt everyone, it was my fault. All my fault..

Leaving like a coward was so foolish, why didn't I stay? Why didn't I face my problems like Toyo always scolded me too?

Toyo..

He was most likely livid, just waiting for me to get back so he can chew me out. I'd have to apologize to him, leaving like that was disrespectful.

I could've protected everyone, but I didn't. I hurt them.. it was all my fault.

Somehow, I had made it back outside and into the gardens. The gardens were my favorite, they had flowers.

Seeking comfort, I spot a fairly big tree similar to the one Kashi and I built our 'fort' on. Calmly walking over to the tree, I glance around to make sure there was nobody around.

There was only one person I could see in the whole garden. I didn't recognize them, but they were far enough away to where they couldn't bother me. Plus, the person was too fixed on an oddly curved rock.

Grabbing the first branch off the trunk, I pull myself upwards, then grabbing the next. Continuing up about two thirds of the tree, I stop at a small opening in the pine needles. The gap was just big enough to reveal my torso.

Dangling a single leg off of the branch and using the other to rest my arm, I gaze into the sky.

It was my fault, I know that. My friends were hurt because of me, because of my cowardliness. But it still striked me curious as to why Bakugo didn't tell me about Sero..

Maybe he got upset and left everyone, yet, I didn't think he would do that. What happened to him?

Looking down at the flowers in the garden, I recognize a few of them. Like the flower I stole from that cart such a long time ago. Or there was another bunch of flowers alike the one Bakugo used to teach me how to say flower. Those ones were my favorite..

Leaning back on the trunk, I close my eyes. It was relaxing up here, great to clear my mind.

Although I did miss the familiar creak of wood when Kashi came up to join me. Or even when she dragged Itazura up, I liked it when she did that. Those two were always so funny.

Allowing myself to drift into a dream-like state, my body slumps against the trunk as good memories flood my mind.

"No, you've got it all wrong Kiri! You gotta be more cranky sounding!"

"Oh, okay. Like this? Oh, sonny, how nice to see you dear." I croak, bursting out in laughter with Kashi.

"Yes! Exactly like that, that was perfect!" She giggles, holding her stomach. "Okay, okay. My turn.. What are you doing in my cave?"