Healing Still

Bakugo POV:

"Iida? How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay.. I think. Just a bit stiff.." He said weakly.

"And your eyes?" I ask, taking a seat next to his bed.

"Sore, but I can see." He explained, blinking slowly.

"That's good.. Anything I can get you? Water maybe?"

"I have water actually, it's over there..." He pointed to the opposite side of the bed. "How are the others doing? Are they okay?"

"I'm not allowed to tell you. Your brain isn't fully healed yet." I said, frowning. "We can't have you getting an information overload, I'm sorry."

"Oh.." Iida looked disappointed, as he fiddled with the covers. "How long will I be in the dark on this?"

"I don't know, as long as it takes your brain to heal fully." I shrug, feeling bad that it was most likely not going to be for a while.

"Okay.. I'm sorry, but may I get some rest? My eyes are starting to feel heavier.." He asked, eyelids dropping slightly.

"No need to ask, Iida. I'll leave you be. And I'll tell the nurse for you, too." I stand up, walking to the door.

"Thanks.." He whispered, his eyes fluttering closed as his head fell to the side. I guess he wasn't lying when he said his eyelids were heavy..

After quietly closing the door and notifying the nurse, I head back to the library. Iida had only had a three visitor maximum per day, and I was the third. The nurse said it was to prevent over-exertion from his brain.

Before it was my turn to visit Iida, I talked with Mina's nurses. She had two of them, and now three maids because of how high maintenance she was. An eye had to be kept on her at all times, since she still wasn't fully there..

They said she was getting better, yet there were still hours of the day where she didn't know what was happening. Her engine was on, but there wasn't anyone driving, it was pure chaos up in there.

Nobody was allowed to see her anymore, she needed isolation with the exception of her healing team. It was terrible, but mandatory for her brain to heal.

How did the attack end this badly, and how was I the only one not hurt..

Making it to the library, I walk in to see Shinso and Red leaning over Dunce's shoulder. What in gods name were they doing?

"What are you dorks looking at? And why is Dunce holding whatever it is of all people?" I roll my eyes, catching up.

Red turns around with tears in his eyes, and his bottom lip poked out. Was he crying?

"Don't worry about him Bakugo," Shinso waved, but not taking his eyes off of what Dunce was holding. "He was just fan-boying over Taiyo."

"Cute! Much cute!" Red squealed as a single tear fell from his cheeks, why was he so emotional?

"You should've seen him when Taiyo held his hand," Dunce laughed, not even glancing over his shoulder. "He squeaked, like a mouse."

"Mhm, give me my child." I say, reaching over Dunce's head to grab Taiyo.

"Ugh you're no fun. I just wanted to feel like a dad for ten minutes. She's sleeping by the way, be careful."

Carefully lifting the baby over Dunce's head, I cradle her against my chest.

"Why do you just automatically get to hold her whenever you say?" Shinso asked, leaning on the couch.

"I don't recall you saving her from a burning building and getting to see her mom crushed like a grape." I snap, examining Taiyo's adorable face.