In The Willow Tree

Todoroki POV:

"They're seriously having a funeral for that bastard? Seriously?"

"He is the king, so obviously they are."

"Was."

"Oh hush your mouth and just help me with this tunic, would you?" Izu scolded as I walked over to him. Quickly holding his tunic up, I slip it over his arms and help flatten it over his chest and glare into his eyes.

"I hope you know that you're an ass."

"You can say that all you want, but I know in the end you still love me." He smirked, kissing me on the cheek. "Come on, we have to go discuss the upcoming funeral and coronation."

"Do we have to?" I whine, sticking out my bottom lip.

"Yes, you are the prince, now lets go. You'd think being a prince your whole life would get you used to meetings like these, huh?"

"Quiet." 

We walk together hand in hand down the halls, a nice change from what it used to be. I had never grown fond of having to sneak Izu in from the servant's quarters.

 Two guards open the doors for us, allowing us entrance into the large dining hall that recently had been cleaned of bloodstains and chipped walls. I know for a fact that they replaced the whole stage floorboards, the wood had absorbed so much blood that it sagged.

"Ah, Shoto, Midoriya. So nice of you to finally arrive!" 

"Can it, Toya."

"Its actually King Toya, thank you very much."

"Not yet it isn't." I snarked, pulling out a chair for Izu before I pull one for myself. Crossing my arms over the table and focussing my attention to my elder brother.

"Okay, so about Enji's funeral. The day before my crowning, we must discuss who must be attending and how it will be set up."

"Nobody should come, he was a heartless asshole that nobody liked." Natsou commented.

"Don't be like that, Nats." 

"You know I'm right."

"Silence, we need to focus! Should we invite all royals again or?"

"Well from what I know, kingdoms Fukukado, Tatsuma, Kan, Kamihara, and Usagiyama are not wishing to attend his funeral because of their experience at the buffet." Fuyami explained, flipping through some papers.

"Okay, lets just send the invitations to everyone else, and if they don't come, well.. I guess they don't come. Okay and the casket was pre-chosen by the ugly himself, so no need to worry about that."

"Toya, you are going to be king. You cannot call your elders that."

"Whatever.. mom." Toya mocked, crossing his arms and sticking his tongue out at my sister. I couldn't help but snicker.

"Toya!"

"What!" He laughed, Fuyami just gave him a nasty look, "Okay, okay. We can get a priest or something to give a speech, yada yada. Now lets talk about the coronation."

"Wait! What about Dad's spy lover in the dungeons? Should he be allowed to see the funeral?"

"Uh, no. Moving on.." Toya straightened out some papers before facing them out before him again. "It looks like.. the Aizawa and Yamada Kingdom have reserved seats in the front row already.. an-"

"That was my doing." I said, holding up my hand like a pathetic school boy.  

"Of course it was.. and same goes for the Hakamata kingdom.. who's that again?"