Is That You?

Bakugo POV:

I didn't even see them coming, I thought we had a few more days until they attacked. We planned to be prepared tomorrow if they came early, not today.

These people were highly skilled at what they do. Nobody saw them come in, or knew they were attacking until a large crack and boom echoed throughout the kingdom.

Did they have bombs? Cannons? Catapults or clubs?

My question was soon answered when a loud and ear shattering roar rang through the kingdom. Dragons.

I had to save my people, and my mother and fathers grave. Quickly putting on some armor, I grab my sword and sprint outside.

There were many dragons, too many. Huge ones too, quite a few were much larger than he was. But he wasn't here, was he? I don't think he could ever do such a thing..

"My King! Please!" One of my people yelled from her home. Her house was half collapsed with the roof on fire. "My baby is trapped!"

Giving her a nod, I pull my cape over my mouth and nose and enter the flaming building. The child's screams were painful to hear.

Locating the crying baby, I wrap it in my arms, covering it with my drooping cape.

"Shhhh, you're okay now." I whisper, trying to calm him down.

Another quieter roar than the first could be heard over the crackling fires, but it sounded very close.. Running out to the clear air again, I prepare to hand the baby back to it's mother.

But the mother was nothing but a bloody stain on the road.. Holding back my urge to puke, I continue on to my parents grave, baby still in hand.

The once beautiful streets had been set ablaze and crushed, my kingdom was dying.

Sprinting through the middle of the street was most likely a stupid thing to do, but I could care less. All the dragons I had seen so far were closer to my own castle than out here.

I stop in my tracks, in the middle of the street. A large and scarred red snout poked out from around the block.

My breath quickened and I clutched the now sleeping child closer. I need to make it to my parents.

But as soon as the eyes landed onto mine, I stood in shock.

"Red?" I choked out, it couldn't be him, right?

Taking one step forwards, the all too familiar red dragon moves back. He looked almost fearful of me, like I was going to hurt him.

"Red is that you?" I asked again, taking a few more steps.

Again, the dragon moved back around the corner, getting out of my sight. It had to be Red..

Chasing after him, careful to not drop the baby, I whip around the corner. You'd think I'd be able to see him over the houses.

"Red! Come back! Please.." I call out, hoping he'd turn around and come back.

Looking around the streets in the direction her ran off in, I couldn't find him. Why would he run?

But the more I ran around, the more my heart dropped. The town was almost completely demolished.. My ancestors homeland was dying..

Turning down another street, I see more of the damaged homes. There were few screams, and I had only seen that one woman so far. I'm hoping my people ran into the forest, and were not slaughtered.