Over-Thinking

Mina POV:

"When is it going to happen?" I ask softly, careful not to upset him any more than he already is.

"My coronation is tomorrow. This kingdom needs a king, we can't wait a few weeks like the Todoroki's did. We don't have that kind of strength."

"Are you okay?" I whisper, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"What? Oh, me? Yeah I'm fine. Mhm, I am A-Okay!" He chuckles with a straight face. I give him a concerned look, furrowing my brows. "No really! I'm peachy."

"Bakugo.. you kno-"

"Yeah, yeah. You've said it five times already. But there's nothing to talk about! Because I'm fine."

Frowning, I take my hand off his shoulder and take a step back. Slightly hurt by the fact he straight up lied to my face.

"It's just.." He sighs, "I've had a lot on my mind lately. That's all."

"I know it's hard. But you know you-"

"Don't!" Bakugo interrupted, "Don't even say it.. please."

I close my mouth, looking at him with concern. Knowing he was taking the past two days pretty rough, I decide to give him space.

Walking out of Bakugo's room, I head out to the dining hall, assuming some people were still chatting. And sure enough, as I opened the dining room doors, almost everybody was talking.

"Hey," I wave, watching as they turn their heads to me.

"How is he taking things?" Jiro asked.

"Not good. He won't talk to me and insists that everything's fine." I shrugged, frowning as I took my seat in the middle of the table.

"Can you really blame him?" Sero said, resting one of his elbows on the table.

"No.. he did this same thing when his mom died. It took Masaru days to convince him to come out of his room. But now of course.. he can't really do that.." It wasn't fair, not for any of us. We did something good, so karma should repay us. Right?

"Give him time. He just lost his last living family member, of course he will be upset."

"We know, Iida." I sigh, leaning my forehead on my hand. "We all know, so you don't have to point it out every single conversation!"

Hitting my fist against the table, I instantly feel guilty. As I run my hands over my face and sigh, I let my arms fall against my thighs.

"Sorry.." I mumble, "I'm just upset."

"It's okay."

"No, it's not. I shouldn't lash out like that, no matter how bad I'm feeling."

"Mina-"

"I'm going to go get some air." I say abruptly, standing up.

The dining hall was silent as I exited, and I could feel all eyes staring holes into my back. But I didn't give them a second glance.

Running my hands through my hair, I take a deep breath. I need to clear my head. This isn't healthy.

I'm supposed to be the person who takes care of everybody. Not some pathetic cry baby who can't even hold a conversation without blowing my chill.

Strong, is what I have to be. It's like a mountain that I'm climbing, the peak is everything I want to be. But I am at the foot, and it's everything I am..

Reaching the garden, I step out onto one of the stones. Following the little path into the flowerbeds, I make it to the middle and sit down.

Closing my eyes, the soft bird chirping becomes clearer in my ears. And the quiet chitter of the townsfolk mutter from beyond the walls of the garden.

Putting my elbows on my knees, I pinch my temples. Trying to breath slow and heavy.

I am the strong one. I need to take care of everyone else. If I don't do it, nobody else will. I need to be strong for everybody else.

Sitting in my thoughts, I feel something soft rub against my leg. Started, I jump a little and open my eyes to see what had touched me.

"Berns.. hi babes." I coo, scratching his back. "You scared me, stinker."

Pulling him into my lap, he begins to purr as I cradle him close. He was a cutie.

"Has nobody been giving you attention? Hm?" I say in a baby voice, stroking between his eyes. "Are you hungry? Is that what you want? Hm?"

Berns opens his eyes at the word food, chirping softly. Laughing quietly, I carefully stand up with him still in just arms and begin to walk back inside.

I could see why Aizawa have Red this cat, he was a really good therapy animal. Berns was cute too, so that's a plus.

Walking into the kitchen, I was thankful that it had a door separate from the dining hall's interior. I wasn't ready to face another conversation quite yet.

Weirdly enough, no cooks or other staff were in the kitchens either. But I couldn't complain, less talking for me.

Moving Berns to rest overtop my shoulder, I hold his butt with one hand and use the other to dig through the icebox. There was mainly beef chunks, and some chicken too.

Fortunately I had found a few slimy fishes at the bottom, they seemed to be there for a while. But I was sure Berns wouldn't mind. Food is food.

"Here ya go babes." I say, letting Berns to the floor with a fish placed in front of him.

He didn't seem to mind that it was on the bare floor, and I watched as he ate. Berns left a little over half the fish on the ground, and scampered away the second he was full.

"You used me!" I call out after him, snickering. That rascal.

Heading out of the kitchen, I saw that Berns had already disappeared in the halls. But I payed no attention to that, the cat could take care of himself.

Now that I had a clear head, I had options. Either I can go try having another conversation in the dining room, or I could try Bakugo again.

Iida did say he would need space, and I knew he was right.. but then again.. When Mitsuki had died, Masaru was the only one that convinced him out..

But now that Masaru was gone, he had nobody to do that for him. .

What could Bakugo be possibly thinking about right now..

Maybe he could be blaming himself? No, he's over that stage by now.

Possibly he was feeling alone or trapped..

Could he be in stage seven again? Last time it was because of her but.. I hope he isn't there again. It was not a good place..

Eh, screw it. I have to bother him until he breaks, it's the only way he will get better.

I always hated breaking his walls, but in the end.. it was always better.

weiner.

i thought i deleted the oc thing last night.. but it didn't work apparently? idk my wattpads being weird.

-1140 words-

~tragedy out <3 <3