Learning

Bakugo POV:
The witch and her wife had insisted that I stay over night, only to make sure I'd be okay.

To be honest, I hated the fact that I was helped. I don't like feeling like a sad weakling that relies on others to wipe my ass for me.

I sit outside in a small overgrown patch of grass. Shaded by the forest trees, I pick at the strands of grass below me, pulling chunks out to make a small pile next to me. Plucking the grass releases some of my pent up emotions, and I find it soothing in stressful times.

Closing my eyes and leaning back, I lay in the grass, letting my arms fall limp to my sides. I sit there for a few minutes before I hear the front door open and close behind me. Paying no attention to it, and keeping my eyes closed, I hear soft footsteps get closer.

"Bakugo?" I hear, I recognize the voice to be Red's, so I open one eye and look up at the boy. He had already taken a seat in the grass just a foot away from my head.

"Hiya, Red." I smile, pushing myself back up into sitting and face him properly. 

"Learn words, me." He said pointing to himself. My jaw was agape, and I gasped dramatically, making sure he'd smile knowing I was proud.

"You learned new words? Red I'm so proud of you!" I say happily, he looks down at the grass shyly and smiles.

"Hear words?" He asked, again leaving me surprised. I nod in amazement. How did he learn all these words in less than a day?

"Ureraka, Su, Gi-Giro, Mina, Sero, Ida, food, wuter," he listed, smiling. I was dumbfounded, he had learned so much in so little time! Sure he had some trouble pronouncing names, but it doesn't matter.

"Re-"

"Wait," he cut me off. "More, one, two, hree, four, fife. All." Looking up at me grinning widely, I just stared back, my jaw was to the floor.

"Your kidding, who taught you those?"

"Me most, Mina."

"You taught yourself those? Red! Your amazing!" I laughed, springing forwards to tackle him in a hug. I latch my arms around his shoulders and the collision knocks us both backwards. 

"I am so proud of you!" I rock him back and forth. Feeling him hesitantly hug back, I smiled widely.

"Boys- oh, whats happening here?"

"Fuck off! We're having a bro moment!" I yell back.

"Iida's calling a group meeting, so you guys need to come inside. Like right now." Jiro continued.

"Fine just give us a minute." I grumble, still holding on to Red. Hearing the door close, I move my head close to Red's ear and whisper. "I am so proud of you, and don't you forget that." 

Letting go of him, I sit up and look at his face. He was smiling with a fat blush across his cheeks. I stick out my hand, offering to help him up, which he takes. 

I hoist ourselves up and we head inside. Red with an obvious blush still, we walk into the living room and Mina turns around to look at us. I make eye contact and she wiggles her eyebrows at me and glances at Red. Giving her a glare, I take a seat on a chair by the fireplace, Red sits on its arm.

"You called a group meeting, Iida?" I said, crossing my arms and putting on a scowl.

"I did. We need to talk about our mission, and what our next action is. We've got Princess Momo, which is one step further, but we are still two kingdoms away from our destination and we need you to heal fully."

"First of all, I am healed. And secondly, traveling two kingdoms won't be that bad. One of the kingdoms is King Kamihara's, which is fairly small." (Edgeshot Kingdom)

"Okay but our next action, obviously we need to travel westward, but how?"

"We just might have to walk, Mina."

"Oh hell no, why not get Red to fly us? That would be so much more efficient, plus he doesn't serve much other purpose here."

"Oi, hold it." I say to the females in the room. "You better close your goddamn mouth Sero before we do it for you." I growl, the audacity, I swear.

"Sero does have some of a point, Red could fly us.."

"We can't rely on Red, he is not our taxi, he's a human. We must keep that in mind, sometimes I think you forget, especially you, Sero." I snicker at Iida's comment.

"Yeah, what is it that you have against Red, Sero? He hasn't done anything to you."

"I rather not have this conversation at the moment, Jiro."

"What? You afraid you'll poop yourself again?"

"Ji-"

"Thats enough! You guys are like children! We are adults discussing adult topics, stay on task. Now, we'll need to make multiple stops and pinpoint them on this map." Iida says, pulling out and laying a map flat on the coffee table.

"This forest takes twelve hours at the shortest, so we'd have to make a camp about ten hours in or so, around here." I said, pointing to a curve on a river that was semi-close to the edge of the forest.

"And since the town is right outside the forest, we can make another stop at an inn, right about.. here." Mina spot out a small inn called Gentle Fellows.

"That would work, how about we discuss our next stops when we get to that inn, just so we can make room for any possible detours.." Iida suggested.

"I guess that makes sense. So are w-"

"Lets play truth or dare!"

"No Mina, we're not playing truth or dare."

"Boo! Your no fun!"

"As I was saying, are we done?"

"Seems so."

I stand up, and head back outside to the grass patch I was previously rolling in with Red. Opening the front door, I breathe in the fresh air and sigh before walking to the grass. 

I hear footsteps behind me, so I look back, seeing Red. He smiles and walks past me and sits on the patch, patting the spot next to him.

"Bakugo, me learn words?" Red asks, turning his head slightly.

"Yeah, we can learn words." I smile. "Want to find something you can say, or do you want me to give you a random word?"

"One." He says, getting up and trotting over to the forest and behind a tree. I hear a snap, and see him running back with a stick and mushroom in his hands. Plopping down next to me, he hands over the two items and waits patiently for me to start. God he's so cute! Wait.. stop that Bakugo, I said no gay!

"Okay," I start, holding out the stick. "This is an easy one, 'stick', start with 'st'"

"St." He says perfectly. I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Impressive! Now the 'ick'"

"Eck- ick."

"Wow, Red! Your quick today! Put the whole thing together, 'stick'"

"St-ick, stick!" He smiles brightly.

"Good job! Your so good at this!" I praise, picking up the mushroom and setting down the stick. "Heres the mushroom, since your so good at this apparently, start with 'mush'"

"Moush? Mosh, mush!" He giggles, cutely. STOP THAT OH MY GOD!

"Very good, now 'room'"

"Roum!"

"Put it together now."

"Mush..roum, mushroum!"

"You never cease to amaze me, Red."

I'm crying. y'all i cantttt!! you guys are too kind! 3.7K views, 230 votes, AND #1 IN #FANTASYAU!!! i am so thankful! i cannot physically thank you guys enough! I'm low-key tearing up rn, omgggg

thankyouthankyouthankyouuuuuu

-1217 words-

~tragedy out <3