Castle Walls

Bakugo POV:

"Shut up you two! These walls arent as thick as you think." I whisper, hushing Mina and Jiro. These crawl-spaces were much smaller than I anticipated, barely fitting my shoulder width.

Our mission had gone flawless so far, Momo played her part perfectly, and we got in with ease. I would've thought that the second richest kingdom would have better defense..

Two hollow knocks come from down the tunnel, signaling Momo had some information. Her current guest room was placed among the rooms of the royal family, and the Princess herself was her neighbor.

Shuffling my way through the tight and dark crawlway, I peek my eye into the hole we drilled in Momo's room, and tapped twice on the wall.

"Bakugo?" I hear from the hole, I tap three times for confirmation. "Dinner is held at six, and the king heads to bed at ten, although I think he stays up a little bit after in his study.."

"You got all that information in less than twenty-four hours? Thats impressive." I whisper, wondering how she figured it all out so fast.

"Yeah, did you manage to find the tunnel to his room?"

"No, I have Sero and Todoroki looking about. I wish these tunnels were lined throughout all the walls, it would be easier that way.."

"I'm sure they'll figure it out soon."

"Keep gathering info on his sleep patterns, those are the most important."

"Sure thing, and also, they just sent a messenger to my kingdom, alerting that I'm safe and what not."

"Oh. What time is it?"

"About four in the afternoon."

"Okay, so we have about two days before your parents get the news.. Are they going to escort you home?"

"They were, but I told them I feel extremely unsafe and would only accept being escorted by my own guard. Buying us a little more time."

"Nice move."

"Okay, you should go back far into your tunnel. Maids should be coming to check on me soon."

"Okay, tap three times when the clock strikes ten. I won't respond but if we find the kings room soon, you will know later tonight when we strike."

Scuttling back down the tunnel, I make my way back to the small split of the tunnel where we set up a small camp. Our bags were grouped in the middle, and small blankets were laying along the ground for when we sleep.

It looked like Jiro and Mina went off to join the other boys, looking for the king's room. I prayed that they could find it within the next hour, the quicker we got this mission down, the sooner I could see R-.. be safe.. 

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap

Five taps, they found it.. Of course the second I start thinking about it they finally find it. And its about time too, they have been searching all day.

Now which tunnel was it, thats the real question. The taps echo through the whole tunnel system, so I can't exactly track down the source exactly. Crawling to the direction of the taps, I take the tunnel to the right, listening for any other taps or noises that could help me find the idiots.

Sure enough, another small five taps ring through the tunnels once more, coming from directly ahead. Beginning to become more and more excited, I go faster through the crawl-space.

"Which tunnel?" I breathe out, hopefully loud enough to receive a response, and sure enough, I hear another five taps from the tunnel coming up on the right.