Sleep

Bakugo POV:

"-YOUR FAULT. You killed me Bakugo~" He laughed, eyes bigger than marbles. "You. Killed. Me!"

I jerk up, sweat dripping from my forehead and making the sheets sticky. Wiping my face, I try to calm my breathing. That marks the twelfth time this week..

Laying back down on my now damp bed, I stare into the darkness. I knew sleep wouldn't come back easily, it never really did..

Suddenly my door creaks open, I freeze. A head pops through, like something straight from my nightmares.

"Bakugo?" The head said, opening the door wider. "No sleep? You there?"

Thank the lords, it's only Red. And not someone from hell.

"Yeah I'm up, you can come in." I whisper back, "Whatcha need?"

"No sleep either.. Could I sleep with?" He asked, stepping inside.

"Uh sure.. you can go on the far side of the bed.." I answer, the bed was big enough so my sweat didn't get close to him if he slept on the far side.

"Thank."

Rolling over to face the other side, I could hear Red's feet shuffle across my floor. He stops, and there was a sudden 'fwoosh' and slap.. Of course he jumped on the bed.

"Where's Berns? Did he not sleep with you?" I ask, putting a hand under my head.

"Berns in cat room." Red explained, as I hear him pull the covers over himself, "You best next."

"Oh, okay." I smile, "Did you have another nightmare?"

"No.. Just lonely."

"Alright then.." I sigh, "Goodnight.."

"Happy night.."

"He's gone! He's gone Bakugo and we will never have him back! It's all your fault!"

"Mina I never meant to! I didn't want him to die!"

"But you let him.."

"Bakugo.. just admit it.. you did let me die. We all know it.. except you-"

"Bakugo!" A large push on my shoulder nearly knocks me off the bed, ruining my terrible dream. "Stop moving. You take blanket."

"Sorry Red." I mutter, wiping the new coat of sweat off my forehead.

"No mind, take back. Gross and wet." He says, and the blanket is tossed over to me.

"Hey Red?" I ask, staring into the darkness with my back facing him.

"Yes?"

"Could you talk to me for a bit?" I hug my shoulders.

"Yes.. you okay?"

"Mhm. Just wanna hear your real voice.."

"Hug?" He asks, as I hear him shuffle closer.

"Yes please.." I breath out, rolling over to face him.

But he was already there, so I just turned to his chest. I press my cheek against his shirt and ball my fists on the fabric as he wraps an arm around me.

"I in garden.. and bug fly. Go up tree, I chase, high and high... When I find, I catch and fall to butt. It was silly.."

Closing my eyes, I drift off to the sound of Red's voice. I would've liked to stay up listening to his bug chasing, but I was too exhausted.

And for the first time in a long time, I had a dreamless sleep.

~time skip~