I Hold

Kirishima POV:

"He's in shock.. I don't know what from though."

"Do you know when he'll come to?"

"No.. it could be anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours." Ochako sighed, propping Bakugo up on a rock.

"That's no good.." Momo said, scratching the back of her scalp. "You think he would still be fine flying? We only have about an hour left.."

"I don't know.. Sometimes when you get out of shock it's not gentle. And since I've never seen him go into or out of shock, I don't know what he'll be like."

"I hold?" I interrupt, tapping on Uraraka's shoulder.

"Oh Red, you're human again.. You mean hold Bakugo?" She asks.

"Yes." I nod.

"Sure I guess." She shrugs backing away and allowing me to take her spot next to Bakugo.

Instead of the rock, I help him lean up against my chest. Thinking it would be a little more comfortable for him that way.

He just laid there, unresponsive and blank. His eyes were open, but there was no emotion behind them.

"Bakugo?" I say softly, waving a hand in front of his face. "Bakugo you okay?"

Bakugo blinked slowly, still keeping a haze my stare forwards. What was wrong with him?

"You have much bad dream? It okay, safe here." I assure, slowly rocking him back and forth.

"Toshi, take notes. Look at that, hold me like that dude. Because that's cute."

"What! I hold you like that!"

"You do?"

"Yes! But you're too busy trying to calm down to notice."

"Oh.."

"Shh!" I glare, they were being too loud. "He sleep."

"It looks like he's awake Red.." Jiro mentions.

"No, try get him sleep. Better for him." I explain, trying to find the right words.

"Smart thinking, ribbit."

"Thank, now quiet." I say, placing a hand over Bakugo's eyes to help encourage them closing.

Knowing it wouldn't take long for him to fall asleep, I continue to gently sway. It was nice to able able to hold him like this, it felt right.

"Okay, I think he'd be asleep by now if that worked." Ochako said, kneeling beside me and lifting my hand off his eyes.

And sure enough, they were closed. He'd fallen asleep thank goodness. Now I didn't know what 'shock' was, but considering that we had to make an emergency stop for it must meant that it's serious.

"Okay, I'll take him. You ready to fly again Red?" She asks, carefully pulling Bakugo off my lap.

I nod, backing up to get space. Switching became very easy throughout the time I spent with Kashi. It merely took less than a thought for it to come.

Smoke envelops the air, and I grew big once again. Lowering my head to the ground, it wasn't long before everyone loaded up.

It felt weird to not have Bakugo on my head.. I don't think I like it. The weight he added was comforting..

With a small flap of my wings, I propel my large body into the sky. Rapidly getting closer to the clouds and the rocky fields underneath grew small.