Dresses

Shinso POV: (oooOoo switching it up, but i feel like a lot of y'all are gonna hate me for this chapter..)

"Red, you have to calm down. You are okay, nobody hurting you." I say, rocking the boy in my arms for the fourteenth time this week. He had been having nightmares back to back each time he fell asleep, and they seemed to be affecting him more and more.

"Scared. Scared. Scared. Scared! Scared!" He mumbled into my chest as I continued to stroke his hair. 

We were sitting on the carpet as usual, since he almost always fell off the bed, and the covers were strung out overtop the bed. When was the torture going to stop? Hasn't Red had enough torture in his life?

"Help." He whispered, I hold him tighter, trying to give him more comfort. I think he had finally waken up, but that didn't stop his crying.

Bakugo hasn't been heard from in the past week, and everyone in the castle was worried. Eri kept asking where Mina was, Denki was pacing every night, and Dad and Pops were failing to find any news about them.

Looking down at Red, I saw him slump in my arms. Finally he was asleep again, but hopefully this time he would last an hour without freaking out again. 

I lift him up, careful not to wake him, and lay him down on his bed. Leaving the sheets off, I grab a damp cloth laying on a plate on his nightstand and place it over his forehead. Sighing, I fall back into a chair and rest my chin on my knuckles.

Bakugo needed to come back soon, not just for me, but for Reds' sake. He was a smart and skilled guy, so what on earth could be taking him so long? Its been eight days, and he said that they would be able to do it quickly.

Two knocks came from Reds door, and glancing over I see a familiar blonde head peaking in. I couldn't help but smile when I saw his face.

"Can I come in?" He asked, grinning.

"Yeah, just be quiet he's finally sleeping again."

"Oh good," He said, slowly closing the door and walking over to me. Pulling up a a chair of his own, and lacing his hand with mine.

"Do you think he will be okay? Red, I mean." I ask, squeezing Denki's hand and looking up at him.

"Of course he will, why wouldn't he be?"

"I don't know, his nightmares have been getting so much worse. And if they continue getting worse, I- ... I don't even know." I said, hanging my head. Knowing what Red went through is scary, and I can't imagine how terrible it is to see it replay in your head over and over again.

"They'll get better babe, things always get worse before the get better. Right?" 

"Sometimes," I sigh, "Only sometimes."

"Well, it looks like he is fine for the moment, so why don't you come join your sister and I for a tea party?"

"Oh, I don't know about that.."

"Please? Come on, you look so pretty in dresses." He bats his eyelashes.

"What if Red gets another nightmare while we're gone? He would be so scared when he wakes up alone in a dark room." I argue.

"You have a point, but you really need a break. Whens the last time you took a nap?"

"What time is it?"

"Around eleven in the morning."

"Oh okay, then I got a nap around six thirty."

"Okay, so its not that ba-"