Rainbows (Female Adam)

(Ok so one of my friends has a crush on female Adam. I thought it would be cool writing about it because I support dumb ideas and cute ships. Please enjoy. Also were calling female Adam, Abby)

Abby's POV

"Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side
Rainbows are visions
They're only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some chose to
Believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see

Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me"

I heard someone clapping as I stopped strumming my guitar. It was my roommate Y/N. We've been living together for a while now and it's honestly the best. I giggled as I felt my cheeks blush. She walked into the room and sat next to me.

"Sorry to walk in on you like that. Great singing by the way. You're really good at it." she complimented. "Do you wanna hang out?"

I put my guitar in it's case and get up. "I'm free today. Let's go."

•~•

Y/N's POV

As Abby and I walked out the door I felt small drops falling in my hair. The drops became harder as the sky became more gray. It was raining. I let out a loud groan and Abby stepped further outside.

"It's not too heavy. It should be safe for us to hang out. Come on." she said pulling me outside the door. I wiggled my hand out of her grasp and walked back inside to get an umbrella. "I wanted to hang out at the park today though. It was supposed to be a warm day outside, not this."

Abby ran back inside. She opened the closest and kicked off her shoes. She replaced them with red boots. "We're still gonna have a fun day outside. Now put on your boots and come on."

I let out a soft sigh. Abby wasn't going to stop until I went with her. I out on my boots and walked outside with her. I opened the umbrella and held it over myself and Abby. Our fingers intertwined and she stepped closer to me. I felt my face start burning up at the feeling of her soft hands against mine. We then ventured out into the world.

•~•

As we made it too the park the rain only got heavier. Abby ran out from under the umbrella and jumped in some puddles. "You're like a kid sometimes, you know that?" I told her. She giggled and just kept running through the puddles. Abby then kicked a puddle and all the water splashed me. My shirt and pants leg was drenched in cold, dirty, water.

"Ugh, Abby! Look what you did!" I yelled.

"Oh sorry Y/N. I didn't mean to get you all wet." Abby whimpered.

I rolled my eyes as I shivered in the cold. Abby took off her red 'Common Sense' sweater and gave it to me. "Take it, I don't want you getting sick because of me." she said.

I was hesitant at first but she insisted on it. I put on the sweater and pulled the hood over my hair. "It looks cute on you." she said as she ran off to splash around more. 

As Abby went off to have more fun, I buried my face into her sweater. I took in her scent, hazelnut. It smelled just like her weirdly. I snuggled deeply into the sweater, fantasizing about her.

After an hour of walking through the rain, I started to miss the warm sunshine. Abby, on the other hand, was taking in everything. I didn't like the rain but seeing Abby so happy made my heart melt. Abby randomly stopped at a gate.

"Abby why did you stop-" I paused and looked over at what Abby was watching. It was the view of the ocean. The sun was starting to peak out of the clouds. A rainbow began to spread across the sky. "It's beautiful." Abby said.

"Not as beautiful as you." I mumbled. I bit my lip when I heard that come out. Abby was completely flustered, as was I. "You think I'm beautiful?" she asked.

"Not think, are." I said.

Abby pulled down the hood and ran her fingers through my hair. "Well if I'm beautiful you're stunning." she whispered. I giggled a little when she said that. Abby's face was only inches away from mine. I glanced at her eyes and then her lips and then back at her eyes. She gave me a loving smile as she leaned in and placed her lips on my own. I leaned into the kiss. The passionate embrace only lasted a few seconds as she pushed away.

"I like you..." Abby admitted. I giggled and nuzzled my nose against her neck. "I like you too..." I whispered. Abby wrapped her arm around me as we watched the rainbow shine brighter. Abby started humming "Rainbow Connection". We both started to sing along to the song.

"Someday we'll find it.
The Rainbow Connection
the lovers the dreamers and me."