Frenemies - (Male Reader)

Y/N waked up to his locker. He quickly unlocked it and got all the books that he needed. Before he finished getting his books out, someone slammed his locker shut. "Hey Y/N."  a taller male said sticking his tongue out.

"Bye Adam!" he said as he try and open his locker.

"Aww come on, is that all I get?"

"Yes because you almost broke my fingers. Why are you even here anyway? Do you need someone smart to knock some sense into you?"

"Nah, I'm good. I just wanted to say hi to my favorite shorter." Adam said patting Y/N's head. Y/N grabbed his hand and forced it down. "You're only one foot taller than me Adam."

"I know, I can't believe it either" Adam said snatching the books away from Y/N. He held them above his head and started running away with it. "Adam! You asshole!" Y/N yelled and ran after him.

The two boys ran through the halls passing other students. Some started to cuss at them and throw stuff at them. Adam didn't seem to care that much as he ran up the stairs. Y/N followed behind, huffing and puffing trying to catch his breath.

Adam finally stopped in front of a classroom. He started talking to his friend James. "Are you picking on Y/N again?" James remarked. "Not picking on him, playing with him. I like joking around with the shorty. Plus, running is good exercise. "

Y/N slowly walked up to Adam and James. He leaned on Adam and tried to catch his breath. "Eww get off, you're panting like a dog." Adam said shoving Y/N on to the lockers.

"Ugh, can you stop being so hard on him already. You made him climb up a bunch of stairs for a few books." James said, taking the books out of Adam's hands and handing them to Y/N.

"T-thanks James..." Y/N mumbled shyly. He blushed and looked up at James.

"Ugh whatever, see ya after classes weirdo." Adam said punching Y/N's shoulder. He let out a groan and walked into class leaving Adam and James behind.

•~•

Adam's POV

Gym class : Best class besides lunch. I was in the boy's locker room changing my clothes. I notice Y/N and James talking from afar. Poor kid, crushing on James not knowing he's into girls. I used to be that way.

"Hey James, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Y/N asked. I cringed at his failed attempt of a flirt. James just kinda laughed it off. I go back to getting dressed as the other two do the same. I noticed, after changing that Y/N took off his belt and left it out. Hmm...this could be fun.

•~•

I finished changing back into my normal clothes and waited outside the locker room. Y/N walked out while holding his pants up. "What did you do?" he growled.

"I don't know what your talk about. Why are you holding up your pants like that?" I asked while trying not to laugh.

"Where's my belt, Adam? I know you stole it."

"Wow Y/N, I feel hurt that you would accuse me of doing something so low. Honestly, you should know better."

Y/N grabbed the collar of my sweater and threw me against the wall  "I'm serious! Tell me!" he yelled. I was totally shocked that he would yell at me. He never tells at anyone. I quickly showed him where I put his belt.

"You put it on the highest self. Of course you did." Y/N said. "Don't worry, I'll help you get it down." I said. I wrapped my arms around his waist and lifted him up in the air. Y/N kicked his legs a bit but just gave in.

"You're a bitch, you know that?" he told me while grabbed his belt.

"Love you too baby~" I chuckled. Y/N shoved me and fixed his belt on. "What? You're not gonna laugh?" I asked. He just stormed off. He'll get over it right?

While walking down the hallway I heard some kids whispering about something. I walked over to James to ask him about it. "What's with everyone?" I asked.

"News just broke that Y/N's into guys. Everyone is making fun of him. Poor dude." James said. Ugh, high school kids. No way was I gonna let them talk about him like that.

"Hey, you guys are friends with that Y/N kid right? Do you know who he's dating?" a girl asked.

"What no? Why the hell would we tell you? Mind your own business." I snapped. "And that goes for all of you, quit talking about our friend!"

"Why? You don't even like him." the girl said.

"Yes I do. He's very important to me..." I mumbled. Everyone was giving me a strange look, even James. "A-anyway, It's wrong. Now leave him alone!" I yelled. Everyone just kinda stopped talking and looked at each other.

"Dude, do you like Y/N?" James asked.

"Eww gross! Why would I like him?" To be honest, I don't know how I feel about Y/N. The dude is cute, like really cute, cute to the point where looking at him makes you feel nice. But he's mad at me right now and he would never like me back. Oh well.