Library Love Story (Part 1)

Y/N's POV

I slowly push open the doors of the small library, just a few minutes from where I live. It was quiet with only a few adults walking around, some being staff and some being visitors. The quiet atmosphere was more than perfect for some collage studies that I needed to get done. Though that wasn't the true reason I'm here.

To be honest, I came to the library to check out something other than a book. There's a librarian here with dark drown hair that spiked upwards, round glasses, a sharp toothy grin, usually a jacket and some sweatpants or some jeans. From other people around the library, I've heard that his name was Adam. I usually see him on the kids floor upstairs reading some stories and making adorable sound effects that kept the little ones interested. He always sometimes helps with shelving and making sure people get the right books. He's really cute which is why I come so often; admiring from afar. I never talked to him before. I'm way too timid and shy to try and carry a conversation with someone as sweet as he is. I'd get lost way too easily in his dark chocolate eyes. It's best to just listen and glance every so often so I don't embarrass myself.

Adam's POV

I was in the middle of finishing a story for some kids. I loved hearing them giggle as I made random voices and sound effects to match whatever was going on in the story. Kids are so easy to entertain and they're super fun to be around as well, as long as they aren't being brats. I definitely love how it keeps me outside which is a good break from my main job which is animation.

As I reach the last page I notice someone from the corner of my eye staring at me. They looked familiar, like they come here often I know that for sure, I know all the regulars. Our eyes met for a second until they turned away from me, their cheeks red for some reason. Maybe they're just shy and are scared to ask for help.

I quickly finish the rest of the story and end it with the kids. I get a couple of comments from parents saying how much their kids enjoy the stories and how well I read. I thank them and walked over to the person who was looking for a book of some sort in our educational section.

"Hello there! I'm Adam!" I said calmly while introducing myself.

Now that I have a better look, the person seems to be around my age. They had (H/C) hair, (E/C) eyes, and casual clothes on. They snapped their head around as soon as they heard me and gave me all of their attention. "Oh hello! I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you." they said quietly.

"Nice to meet you too! Is there anything I can help you with today? I couldn't help but notice you were looking for something."

"Yeah I am. Just some books for my collage class. I'm trying to actually pass this time."

"Well I don't know what collage you go to but I don't think you'll get much help from the children's education section." I teased.

Y/N's cheeks were red in embarrassment. I chuckled a bit as they did too. "I guess I'm just a bit lost. Sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it, it's a pretty big library. Maybe I can help you look for your book in the education center on the forth floor. Over there we have computers that will help us find exactly what you're looking for." I suggested.

"That sounds perfect. Thank you!" Y/N said.

"Anytime. Thought I don't want you to get lost again so, maybe I should hold your hand just to make sure." I remarked with a smirk. I earned another blush from them as I took their hand.

Y/N's hand is warm which is very comforting the more I think about it. I've seen them around whenever they were here but I never got close enough to them to see how cute they are. As I lead them upstairs I feel my heart flutter a little. I help out people all the time, even to the more boring parts of the library, but this feels different. This is okay though, I like this different.

( Hey do you like this story idea!? Yes? GOOD!
Do you wanna see more!? FUCK YOU!
I'm joking sksjsjsjsjsj
This story is a collaboration between me and my good friend choccybiccy_uwu so go check out their Adam x Reader book for part 2 and check out some of their other stories!
Hope you enjoyed!! Have a nice day/night!!! Stay positive!!!