First Date

(This is a continuation of a story that my bud choccybiccy_uwu   did for their Adam x Reader. Go support them! Anyways enjoy!)

Y/N's POV

It was a cool summer night, a week after school had ended for a couple of months. The sun was setting outside and it was beautiful. How the colors of gold, orange, rose, red, and pink mixed together in the sky made me feel warm inside. I took a couple of pictures of the sky began to sketch it in my sketch book hoping to make it into a painting afterwards.

Once I finished the sketch I felt my phone vibrate next to me. I noticed a few texts from the senior art captain, Adam. We met on the last day before break and he asked me out. A week later and he hasn't really talked to me. For a while I thought that he had pranked me and made me fall for him just to score one with his bro. I decided to pick up to at least see what he had to say.

A: Hey Y/N! Sorry for taking so long to answer. I've just been setting up for our date. I was wondering if tonight would be good for you? Maybe in an hour or two?

I was kinda suspicious since it took him that long just to talk to me again but I decided to play along. He is cute and he did seem nervous when we talked in person. Maybe he just has a bit of social anxiety.

Y: Cool I'm free tonight.

A: Great! I'll pick you up at 8! See you soon!

I quickly picked out a nice looking outfit, took a shower, and started getting ready for the date. To be honest, I've never really had a date before so this was really new to me. I'm usually quiet and reserved especially since I'm not popular or liked at school. While I still somewhat expected this to be some prank I went along anyways. I told my parents I would be heading out with a friend then waited outside my house for a bit.

After a few hours I saw Adam meet up in front of my door. He was wearing a white collared button up shirt, a red tie, a black jacket and some black pants and shoes to match. A bit of his hair still stuck up but most of it was combed down. His eyes met mine and he observed me slowly, glancing at my face to my legs. Then he walked over to finally say something.

"Hi Y/N...You look incredible...." he whispered to me. I don't know why but whatever charm he had was working since my face felt warm as soon as he looks at me.

"Thanks you look very handsome," I replied, "So where are we going."

"Well there's this nice Italian restaurant I know about. I think we should try it out. Then in about two hours from now there's Spider-Man: Far From Home so we can go and watch that. I heard it's a pretty big movie. Than after that we could just hang out till we need to go home."

"Sounds like a solid plan. Let's go."

Adam and I walked side by side together down to the restaurant. We were both silent on our way there. Our fingers only slightly brushed as we walked and dinner started off to be quiet too until Adam started a conversation.

"So what do you like to do outside of school?"

"Well I do some drawing and sketching. Sometimes I even paint, like earlier I was gonna paint the sunset since I thought it looked pretty. I also like music though who doesn't?" I explained.

"Really? You're an artist? How come you haven't joined any art clubs? I'm sure you do great stuff!" Adam said in shock, his body leaning closer as he became more interested with me.

"I guess I'm just kinda shy. Being put in a room full of people who are judging my art skills is kinda stressful. Plus, I have a lot of people at school who just don't seem to like me at all."

"Well I like you," Adam mumbled. We both looked up at each other and our eyes met. His cheeks become pink with a dorky little grin. I feel some heys tingling on to my cheeks and a smile creeping it's way on to my face.

We started talking about art, music, family, friends and pretty much anything that came up. We jumped topics like crazy from asking who my least favorite teacher was to video games were my favorite to debating on which clothes looked cooler. The thing about Adam is that you can talk to him about anything and he'd just answer back with something really funny. He's so easy to talk to once you open up to him. By the time we finished dinner and went to the movie we were opposites as to when we started. Awkward silence to funny and loud banter.

Once we got to the movie theater Adam got us some desert slushes and our favorite candy. We then sat in our seats until the movie started. I couldn't help but feel all my thoughts wonder back to Adam. How cute he looks in his outfit, how easily he makes me giggle, how cute he is when he's shy. He really is something else.

Adam looked over at me and that's when I realized I was staring at him while leaning on his shoulder. My heart spiked as I felt my blood boil as I felt the embarrassment sink in. Adam slowly wrapping his arm around me then turned to the movie. I felt like I was gonna scream but I kept it to myself as best as I could, letting out only a few tiny giggles.

Once the movie finished we began to walk out, talking about how great it was. Our fingers were locked together as we held hands. Everything felt perfect. Just me and Adam walking on these greets on a cool summer night. When the breeze got too chilly Adam let me wear his jacket and and he squeezed my hand tighter to keep it warm. I just couldn't be happier until a small question peaked my interest.

"Adam?"

"Yeah Y/N?"

"Why me?"

"Huh?"

"It's just, you're a senior captain, you have lost of friends, people like you. Why out of all the people at school would you want to go out with me? I'm just a nerd who no one talks to or likes."

Adam lifted my chin up and started into my eyes. I started into his for s couple of seconds before he started to speak. "I don't really know. I guess the heart wants what the heat wants. But what I do know is that you are not just some nerd. I didn't know you too well before tonight but now I know you're cute, funny, smart, a great artist, and I really want a second date with you because I just want to see you more."

I felt my heart flutter as I started into his eyes. I just couldn't believe how sweet and kind Adam was. Such a gentleman. I leaned closer to him and gave him a small peck on his cheek. When I pulled back his entire face was some shade of red, his eyes were dilated and his smile was huge.

"Thanks you Adam, and I would love another date with you handsome." I teased.BAdam just nodded as I assumed he was too flustered to even speak. I really wanna kiss his lips but I think I'll leave that for another day.

It was getting late so Adam walked me home. We hugged each other and smiled as we looked into each other's eyes.

"You better text me more!" I teased.

"I'll do you one better and call you." He teased back.

We both laughed then waved goodbye to each other. I got into some more comfortable clothes and laid down in bed. I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes imagining my next date with Adam. I can't believe I fell in love with him but at the same time how could anyone not. I'm just happy that we met and he liked me than much. I can't wait for our next date.