The Future

I felt the icy cold breeze of the night burst into Adam's bedroom, but I didn't want to ruin his bed sheets before he got into bed. I doubt he would care though. I can't lie, it was laziness. I just can't peel myself away from the thoughts running throughout my head. It was the middle of February. A month ago, Adam and I sent in our college applications, and now we're just running out the clock to see whether or not we got in. We would move in together anyway, which did calm some nerves, but not all of them. There's so much on my plate right now, and I can't screw it all up.

My mental breakdown was only paused by my boyfriend knocking on the door.

"Hey Y/N, you alright?", Adam asked with some concern on his face. He knows about my anxiety towards the future.

"No." I sighed.

Adam walked into the room and slid into bed with me, holding me close in his arms. He kissed me on the cheek. This was his way of calming me down and pulling me back into reality while also telling me he loved me.

"I'm worried about going to college. I'm worried about being an adult. I mean, what do adults do?" I asked, throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

Adam gave me a suggestive look. I placed my hand on his face and shoved it, feeling my own getting warm. He started giggling under his breath. While I found the joke to be embarrassing and inappropriate, it was comforting to hear him laughing.

"I just want everything to work out. I want both of us to get into our dream colleges and build our lives together from there. I don't want anything, not a single thing, to ruin that for us."

Adam sighed and held me closer to him. The cold breezes that filled the room felt so small now that I was with him.

"I know you're scared. I'm scared too, honestly. I've never been away from home like this. But, I need you to remember that you won't be alone. You're gonna have me no matter what happens. No matter what, I'm going to be there for you whenever you need me. You also have our friends, our families. You won't be stepping into the adult world without any support. You have a whole support group surrounding you." Adam said, bopping my nose, "Just don't be afraid to call us."

I felt the weight lift off my shoulders. I gave my boyfriend a gentle kiss on his lips, and he happily accepted it. Our arms wrapped around each other as the kiss went on for what felt like hours. Once we finally separated, Adam pulled the bed sheets over us as we cuddled and talked.

"I can't wait to have our own roof together. No more of my parents, 'keep the door open' rule." Adam grumbled.
I giggled, "You're just saying that because you want to make out more often."

"Can you blame me though?" He whined.

"It would be nice to see each other every day," I said, yawning a little.

"Yeah, just the two of us."