Chapter 60: Max & Yui

Depuis le début

Then slowly, his body and face changed and I heard all of the squads gasped when they saw a different person... it was Luc and his dead, empty, and blank face.

He clapped slowly, "Well done... Yui." Then he grinned evilly.

"Trap Magic: Bom--" but Luc suddenly disappeared.

"See you... again," I heard Luc whispered in my ear but when I looked at him, he's not there.

"I-I think... he left already," I said then I sat down on the ground and dropped my weapons. I exhaled and held my chest, that was so scary! I thought I'm going to die >_<

"Who was that?" I heard Rose asked.

"The enemy," Langston said.

Then I saw a hand offered me, I looked up and saw that it's Max, "Great job, join my team."

W-what!?

I heard captain cleared his throat, "I'm sorry, Max, but she belongs to my team."

"Tsk, whatever. I change my mind," he said then he walked away again and sat on the chair.

I put back my weapons in my skin and sat beside Yuno and Aice, "Please be careful around him. He can kill you with just one snap," I said.

"So, where's the real Winston?" Aice asked.

"Maya, please help them and locate where Winston is," Rose said.

"Yes, captain!" Maya said. "Guide Magic: Locate Winston," she said then a large hologram appeared in her hand, and it showed Winston sleeping on his bed.

"I think Luc put him to sleep, so that he can replace him," captain said

"Nah, Winston is really a lazy guy who loves to sleep all day," Max said.

"So that's why he's acting weird earlier, I was surprised when he got out from his bed without us waking him up," the girl with the cigarette said.

"That girl who loves to smoke is Naida," Alyssa whispered. "She's a Smoke Magic user, maybe that's why she loves smoking."

"As I was saying, the guy you just saw earlier is Luc, it's the king's father

"As I was saying, the guy you just saw earlier is Luc, it's the king's father. He is our enemy," captain Luttrell said.

"How come?" Rose asked.

"The king is also an enemy," captain said.

"The king is an enemy? HAHAHA!" Max laughed. "Aren't you saying this because until now, you can't accept that the present king replaced your father that easily?"

Huh? The previous king is captain's father? Woah, woah, wait! I would like to listen more.

"He didn't replace him, he killed him. Do you know what kind of person the king is? Or maybe, you are one of the king's allies," the captain said with a cold and poker face.

Max laughed even more, "Can you hear yourself? What the hell are you saying?"

I stood up and they all looked at me, "He's telling the truth!"

"Yui--"

"No, captain!" I shouted, I'm getting pissed off. I can't believe he's a captain. "I am the one who asked him for help, because I saw and I felt the king's dark presence the first time I saw him."

"Is that all? Is that where you based your--"

"NO! I have my memories erased when I was a kid."

"Yui--"

"And now, I regained them, but not all, but I saw how dangerous Beleth and Luc is. You know why? Because he's the king of h--"

"YUI!" Aice shouted.

I clinched my fist, if only I can say it.

"Fine, if you don't believe me or the captain, then go, think whatever you want. You don't have to believe us, but please..." I started crying, why am I crying? "Please, I'm begging all of you... please help us. We can't defeat him alone. We need you."

I heard Max clapped then he lifted my chin, "Tell me, why would I help you?"

"Because... he's going to destroy the whole world," I said.

"Make me believe that," he smirked as he looked directly into my eyes.

"I fought him once," I said.

"You mean earlier?"

"No, I fought him three hundred years ago," I said.

No one spoke, all of them became silent. Then he let go of my chin and laughed, "And you expect me to believe that?"

"You can do whatever you want to me, you can torture me or kill me whatever, if you found out I'm lying," I said.

He smirked, "You're a tough girl--"

"It's because I'm not scared of dying, but I'm scared of everyone's death."

He smirked again and sat on the chair, "Fine. We'll help you, what's the plan?"

My eyes widened, "T-thank yo--"

"I'm not doing this because I believe you, I'm doing this because you made a deal with me," he said.

I smiled, "Yes, captain Max! Don't worry, I won't forget that deal."

I can't believe I made him agree with me. I'm so happy!

----

Pictures/Arts above not mine.

Credits(1st Image): Twitter - ckfqhflQKd

Credits(2nd, 3rd, & 4th Image): Pinterest