Chapter 46

Rachel POV

Who was this 'mystery girl'?  I haven't heard of her before and in usually up to date with all of the celebrity gossip.

Immediately when I arrived at my dorm, I booted up my laptop.  I've been so caught up with the drama club for the past few weeks that I haven't been able to follow the social news.  A search engine popped up on my home screen and I typed in 'Jason Parker mystery girl'.  Many different websites showed as a suggestion but I settled for the first site.

Before me was an article for an online gossip magazine and a tiny photograph at the side.  I clicked on the picture and it enlarged across the screen.  I inched my face forward to get some clarity as I tried to make out what was enforce me.  Jason was easy to identify, for I've known him for a handful of years and he faced in the direction of the photographer.  The girl behind him didn't register immediately.  A sinister plan developed in my head as I continued reading on.  The news reporters have stated me as a suspect to the supposed 'mystery girl'.  Yet, it doesn't take a genius to realize that I have blonde hair and I'm taller tab the girl presented in the photograph.  A number was shown at the bottom of the article.  It said to call if anyone had any information, and I sure did.  I dialed the phone number carefully as nerves and excitement bubbled up inside of me.  A woman's voice answered after a few rings.  "Hello, this is Elena from Starstruck Magazine.  How may I help you?"

"I have the information you need on Jason's mystery girl."

Sammy POV

I was walking through the tiled halls if my high school in Georgia, on my way to my first class of the day.  I entered the room, closing the door just before the late bell rang throughout the school.  My desk was in the far corner of the too, right beside an empty desk that once belonged to Juliet.  We weren't like the everyday friend that you only talk to in the halls of your school.  We were sisters.  Our houses were right next door to each other and we would constantly be with one another.  We might as well have lived in the same house.  She and I tried our best to stay connected with each other after her move.  She calls me once every other day and I call her the days in between. 

My teacher began writing vocabulary words up on the board and the students were expected to copy them down.  I opened my spiral notebook to a fresh page which was becoming rare since the end of the year was just around the corner.  After copying down the first few words Clare say in a loud whisper, "I can't believe she is Jason's mystery girl." 

The dark skinned girl she was speaking to had an open magazine on her desk.  I positioned my body so I could attempt to see what was in the gossip magazine.  My eyes caught sight if a portion of a photo and I couldn't make out more than bits of carnival rides.  Immediately I thought of the conversation I had the night before with Juliet.  She went with Jason to a carnival that was near their school.  Juliet also told me about how he asked her out while they were up on the Farris wheel.  "Can I see that?"  She handed the newly issued magazine over to me and I immediately knew what it was without closely examining it.  Juliet and Jason were captured in smiles with their fingers intertwined.  The carnival lights were like fireflies in the background of the dark night.  To any person who didn't know the two would have thought this photo was staged.  Though, as someone who has known Juliet for most of her life knows that her smile was all too real.  I couldn't help returning her contagious grin even though I deeply feared what is coming her way as I spot her name printed in the article. 

Juliet POV

Jason sent me a text message early on Sunday morning.  'Want to go out for breakfast?'  I read the question through my half-closed weary eyes.  I sent him a quick reply before leaping off of my bed and making my way towards my closet.  It didn't take long at all for me to throw on a decent looking outfit for our breakfast date.

***

The weather outside was phenomenal as we strolled at a steady pace after leaving the café that we dined at for breakfast.  The town around us was slowly coming to life.  More and more people began to fill the sidewalks as the stores opened up their doors.  Jason continued his conversation from the inside of the café.  He spoke of his little sister and how she would have loved the chocolate chip pancakes that he ordered from the restaurant.  He himself couldn’t stop talking about them and how they had the perfect amount of chocolate chips within them.  We came to a cross walk when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blinding flash of light.  I just expected it to be a car’s headlights, though I was wrong. 

Jason immediately stopped talking and took a tight grip on my hand.  He sprinted forward with me trailing slightly behind.  I looked back to see a group of strangers with cameras chasing after us.  A solid black SUV cruised to a stop beside us.  The extremely tinted windows made it impossible to identify the person within the car, yet that didn’t stop Jason from opening the back doors.  We both rapidly entered the vehicle, barley having time to close the door behind us as the driver took off at speeds well over the limit.

_______________________________________________________________________

Uploaded a new chapter and I'm feeling good about the direction this chapter is leading the story.

I also plan on uploading a story idea and allowing you guys to read a sneak preview.

Love Delaney

:) <3