Chapter 28

*Jason POV*

"Goodnight my Juliet." I whisper under my breathe.

I stand there totally blown away. Juliet has no clue what she does to me. Every little gesture and word she speaks, leaves me intrigued. I don't understand it though. A girl who comes from, who knows where, just makes me feel different. But, in a good way in which I cant quite describe.

As I wait a few seconds, and stare at her door to make sure she gets in fine, I grab my phone from my pocket and walk towards the exit of the dorm. I reach to call Cameron once again. Now that I know Juliet is safe, I have to check on my best friend.

The phone rings and rings as I make my way to sit on a bench in the moonlit courtyard. Suddenly the ringing comes to a silent stop.

"Hello? Cameron?" I ask as panic raises in my tone.

I hear a moan then someone speaks. "Jason, why can't I just sleep without you bothering me?" Cameron speaks in a husky voice, resembling him waking up in the morning.

Anger and relief wipes over me. "Are you an idiot? You just left the club, leaving me worried and confused. Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"Chill out Jase. One of the bands managers came to the club and said that we needed to record a song by tomorrow. Apparently this new record company wants to sponsor them on their next album, but they needed a new song to show him. I had to leave right away to work on it. We just finished about an hour ago and I'm exhausted. I tried calling you back but you didn't answer. Whats up with Jason always answering his phone calls?"

I ended up telling him about what happened whit Juliet. From us starting our search for him, to taking her home, and everything in between. I even told him about the way she made me feel, or I tried to describe it.

"So, let me get this right. You would rather help a girl that you have only known for a few days, than help you best friend that you have known since you were in diapers?" Cameron sighed and I can tell that the question was more of a sarcastic joke then him being serious.

"Yes that's exactly what happened." I smiled to my self with a feeling of relief on both Juliet and Cameron's behalf.

"What ever dude. I am going back to bed and I'm not going to answer any phone calls until tomorrow."

"Wait, are you going to the bonfire tomorrow night?" I ask.

"Yeah I'll go to the bonfire. Just leave me alone to sleep. Bye Jase."

"Good night Cameron."

I hang up the phone and lean my back against the frigid wooden bench. My eyes wonder around and land on the tree that's above me. A low branch, just inches from the top of my head, holds the tiny green caterpillar from before. The creature is easy to spot because of the brightness in color. I could see it eating silently on a lone leaf.

My face turns in to an admiring smile towards the little crawling creature. I get up off the bench after I was done examining the caterpillar for a second, then I head up to my dorm room. I slowly walk into the direction of my bed, then flop down on it. I fall asleep within seconds, still in my clothes from before. The last thought that went through my head was Juliet's safety.

***

I wake up the next morning with the sound of my angel singing into my ear. Rachel said that that was her singing, but I don't quite believe it. I have known her for a few years now and she never had any talent when it came to creativity, and singing.

The caller ID on my phone read my fathers name. I sighed in aggravation, not wanting to talk to him. I decided to pick it up anyway, knowing that it was better to get what ever he had to say, to get over with it.