Chapter 25

*Sammy POV*

I hear Juliet go on and on about her previous drama of the week. It completely shocks me on how much things have been going on in her life within the past few days. When she lived here in Georgia, she was never experiencing things like this. Then again she just stayed close to the people she has known her whole life.

Now she has lost the only family member known to be alive, her mom. I remember when she first called me from the hospital. I nearly dropped the phone to the floor in disbelief. Her mom was always like a mom to me. She would help me with any problem I ever had, give me anything I needed, and was firm when she needed too.

The death really took a toll on Juliet for the first few days, as well as I. She and I would mourn side by side for hours. We would go for drives and walks just to get it off our mind. Soon, we regained our strength and pulled it together. That was just in time to know that Juliet was leaving.

Now, all I want to do is take a flight up to London and give her a big bear hug. She has been through too much to have to face the students at Rowling Academy, mainly this Rachel girl. I mean, who does she think she is to mess with my best friend?

Juliet finally finished talking and I started to get frustrated. Not with her, but with Jason. I mean come on. How stupid is that dude to believe that Rachel has the same beautiful voice as Juliet's? Hers is one of a kind. Trust me when I tell you that.

She has always been shy about her voice. Juliet fears to hear the negative arguments. I remember one time when we were in the car on our way to a birthday party, Juliet was singing along to the radio. I complemented her on how well she sung at only twelve years old. Then I asked her, "Why don't you sing for the school talent show coming up in March?"

Her reply was, "I don't like to sing in front of people. I just get nervous and," she paused, "I don't know."

"You just got to take chances in life, don't let anyone hold you back at things that you love." Her mom spoke from the front seat.

Those few words stuck in my head like glue, and I know Juliet had the same effect. Her mom was always good with motivating you. She helped me fulfill my dreams of fashion designer. I now have the courage to show my finished items to my friends and family. I once even sent a completed piece to a fashion designer that I never heard back from.

I am now snapped back in thought once I hear Juliet sigh. I reply to her long story, "Your life sounds like a messed up movie."

"I know," was her only reply.

I thought about telling her about mine and Jason's conversation. But I thought otherwise. I think this is something that they have to figure out themselves. If Jason was smart enough to believe Rachel, then Juliet doesn't need to be around a guy like him. Though, Jason seemed really determined to be her friend again. I think he may really like her.

"Samantha, get down her now. Your food is getting cold" I hear my dad yell from our down stairs kitchen. I forgot that I told him I was only going to be a minute, but that turned into ten.

"I'm sorry Juliet, I have to go. If you need anything just call me." I hear her say her goodbyes and hang up.

Should I tell Jason it was Juliet who sung to him? Or should they just work it out on their own?

*Juliet POV*

On Friday morning I wake up feeling lost. Of course I have felt that way ever since I started school here, but today felt worse than before. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I have been away to the place I once called home, for too long.