Chapter 16

*Jason POV*

I sing a cover to Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae. My arm is strumming away to my guitar without much effort. Playing guitar just comes naturally to me. I still remember playing Juliet's guitar. It reminded me of being trapped in music.

Scanning the crowd, I see her talking with the scholar girls. I wouldn't expect her to be one of them. I just assume that she is hanging out with them because she is new and doesn't know many other people. Though, introducing her to Rachel and her click wouldn't be the best choice.

I see a lovely smile flash across her face right before she burst into laughter. As she continues laughing along with her friends she looks up at me and smiles. She caught me staring at her. I return that smile right before I look down at my Gibson electric.

When I am preforming in front of crowds, I only play what my manager wants. He is trying his best to get me signed with a record deal, which I'm thankful for. The only thing is I don't like playing the music he prefers me to play. I would rather sing my own songs then ones that other people have sung or written for me. Though, that isn't a choice for me. My parents hired me a manager, even though they want me to succeed in their business. I guess they don't believe that I will get far in my musical career.

I finish the last song of the night with a grin on my face. I decide to thank everyone for coming. I know many of them just showed up to see me, especially the girls.

"Thank you for coming. Be sure to support my band on Facebook." I give a wave and walk of the stage after saying, "Have a good night."

A group of freshman girls come up to me with flirtatious faces. I don't mind them that much. It can just get annoying from time to time. Mainly if Rachel sees me with them, she can be really jealous. The groups of girls in front of me want to get a picture with me, which I gladly take. I also sign a redhead's phone case. I thank them before heading over to my friend's table.

I pass by Juliet's table on my way there and say, "Hey."

She looks up from her soda and replies with a simple, "Hello."

I stop and turn to her and continue with a conversation. "So, what did you think about the music?"

"It was alright."

"Oh, really?" I say mischievously while she just looks at her friends and rolls her eyes. She looks up at me with a smile and shakes her head.

"I didn't want to tell you the truth about how much you guys sucked. Now do I?" She says sarcastically, causing me to chuckle at her.

"Whatever, I'll see you tomorrow. You should defiantly bring your guitar with you. I would love to play it again." I say as I walk away toward my friend's table but not without giving her a quick wink.

"Yeah right. You just want to steal it from me again." She says over her shoulder as I shake my head and reach my destination.

*Juliet POV*

Jason is just a little too full of himself. I have a slight smile on my face as my friends stare at me in disbelief. What's there deal?

"What?" I ask as they shake their head to gather their thoughts.

"I didn't know you were that close to Jason." Bailey says with suspicion and utter shock. Rebecca and Abbie just nod in agreement.

"Well, I wouldn't consider us close. We just met each other today."

Abbie speaks up. "Then he must really like you to be talking to you."

"Why do you say that?" I am now asking in a lost tone.

"You don't know?" Abbie asks stunned as I shake my head.

Rebecca addresses after a long and dramatic sigh, "He is the heir to the richest family in America. They own like a ton of hospitals and research programs. Do you ever read the tabloids?" She shakes her head after her statement.

I gasp and shake my head in disbelief. "Then why isn't everyone going crazy about him being here? He must be like a celebrity then."

"The school is legit about students' celebrity life. We all had to sign a contract stating that we will not report any information of Mr. Parker's life to the reporters. Also we can't post or sell any photos taken of him." Abbie states matter-of-factly and in a professional tone.

I just sit back in the chair and think about that. He is from a rich family but he still took my guitar. He is from a rich family and he talked to me. He is from a rich family and he wants to hang out with me. I mean, I'm just an orphan who has never been anywhere near high class. Though, he doesn't seem like a rich snotty jerk. So I guess I'll give him a chance. But then why is everyone making it such a big deal?

I sigh and change the subject to local hangouts.

I really don't care where Jason comes from. I'm going to get to know him better. And who knows? We might even become close friends, or even worst enemies.

________________________________________________________________________________

***So Im going to start doing questions with chapters and here is the first one***

What are somethings that you are doing this summer, vacations and all?!?

Love ya!

:)