Chapter 1

*Juliet POV*

I feel the warmness of my best friend, Sammy's, tears seep through my thin T-shirt. I just hold her in a comforting hug while slowing rubbing her back. I will miss her so much. I remember last time I was away from her, which was only 5 days, she nearly killed her self-trying to find a plane to take her up to Georgia to see me. I may be exaggerating, but not by much. We have never left each other's sides from the first day we meet in 1st grade. The good old days, when there was no worry in the world... that was 10 years ago and a lot has changed. Now I'm on my way to London to finish the school year at some rich-kid boarding school. The only way I got into it was my great grandpa was the founder of this so called school, Rowling Academy. Plus I have nowhere else to go.

My dad died when I was a little girl. A drunken truck driver took my daddy away from me at the young age of 4. I don't have much memory of him. Though, I keep a photo album of all the pictures ever taken of him, my mother and me. I look at that album whenever I'm in a tough situation, and I think of the smile he had on his face and the happiness he had in his eyes while he looked at me. He will always be with me in my heart. No matter what, he is a part of my life. Whether he is on earth or in heaven.

As for my mom, we were really close. She was young, loving, and an artist like no other. Some may say we acted more like friends than mother and daughter. Sadly, my mother had just passed away from a surprised heart attack not long ago. She never got sick and never had any problems with her health. Then on a rainy afternoon in the beginning of December, which was a month ago, she was standing in the kitchen cooking a pot of her famous southwestern chili. That's when tragedy struck.

I heard a struggled breath come from my mom, followed by the sound of her body falling straight to the floor. I jumped of the couch that I was sitting on in the living room and rushed to her side. She was pale with dark rings around her sky blue eyes that held fear deep inside them. I looked at her with tears forming in my very own eyes that inherited that same blue color. I was shocked, I couldn't move a muscel. As a tear ran down my cheek I was snapped out of my stillness and darted towards the house phone. I dialed 911 with shaking fingers.

The ambulances were on their way. I slammed the phone on the counter and cradled my mom in my hands. She was cold and lifeless. I just held her for the longest time until the medic finally arrived. Even though they came in to help us, I couldn't move from where I was. The medic had to physically pull me away from my mom. He hugged me as I cried in to his shoulder. He held me close so I wouldn't look at my mother. Then over his shoulder was the last image I ever saw of my mom. She was being taken away from me, from everything, on a stretcher as a black blanket covered her gone body.

I'm pulled back to reality when Sammy yells my name.

"Juliet! You need to get going, they called your flight!" She screams with sadness still trapped in her voice.

I quickly shake the recent thoughts of my parents and turn for my bags. I turn to walk near the gate, but am forced to be turned around by Sammy's hand. Once again I was trapped in a good-bye hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much. Please call me as much as possible or I'll take the first plane there and take you back home with me. And don't think I won't." She states with sobs about to take her over again.

"I'm going to miss you too. I will call you ever chance I get, I promise." I pull away from the hug and grab my bags from my side. "Good bye."

I walk towards the flights gate, hand the scary-happy flight attendant my ticket, and aboard the plane to London. My new home, life, and nightmare just waiting to happen.

________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think? I know its short but if someone finds it interesting I'll continue. It just seemed like a good idea to stop it here. I really hope you like it... even though you know nothing about what will happen...

At least you will have something to look forward to when you continue reading, Curiosity and Surprise!

I placed a picture of my dog, Juliet! Love my baby :) <3

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!