Chapter 43

Jason and I walked out of the back door of the Cafeteria hand in hand after Abbie, Winston and Ms. Meade congratulated me. Rachel looked our way with a death stare as we walked out. I thought she may be planning revenge on me, but I didn't let that ruin my mood right then.

I didn't know where we were heading, but Jason lead the way. The destination was clear when we strolled into the music room.

As always, the room was empty, only us. Jason remained silent until he sat upon the couch against the far wall. He patted the cushion next to him, and spoke seriously.

"We need to talk."

I raised an eyebrow at him in wonder. "Talk about what?"

He brushed a stray hair away from my face and smiled in admire. "Why didn't you tell me that was your song?" I was about to say something about not knowing he knew the song but then he added: "I know you heard it go off on my phone."

His question caught me off guard. I glanced down at my hands trying not to get caught in his stare. The truth is that I'm not completely sure why I didn't tell him. It's not like it would have changed much anyway. He would have just known that I could sing. That wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Though, deep down, I knew that song was something more than just a beautiful voice to him. The way he

"Why do you like me?"

He sat straight up and his eyes grew slightly large. A forced laugh came from his mouth nervously. He scanned the room around him then jumped to his feet. After he took me by the hand we walked into the recording studio.

"When I first met you it was in this very room. I was in the recording booth trying out a new song and I saw you with an angry look on your face. When I walked through the doors I noticed that you were more attractive up close." He smiled at me like he was forcing back a laugh. "I remember you slapping me across my face because I took your guitar. But how was I supposed to know it was your guitar? I remember that after that you wrote 'Forever and Always' on my left hand in attempt to prove to me it was your guitar. After that you took the guitar and showed me the writing on its neck. I believed you then and allowed you to take it back. Then you hugged me making me fall over and caused me to bang my head. We both laughed at that for a while." He grinned as he recalled that moment. "I liked you from the very moment I met you, and that was just the beginning of it. Every second I spend with you I fall even harder for you."

The blush rushed to my cheeks instantly. Then he added something.

"Though," I held my breath, "we need to figure something out about the picture of us." Even though it was something I didn't want to talk about, I sighed in relief. "The paparazzi were all over me when I was visiting my father, more than normal. They kept asking me about the mystery girl."