Chapter 24

*Rachel POV*

I was changing out of my red silk dress that was used for my rule in the upcoming play at school. It was short and skimpy as it hugged my body in all the right places. I was the main role, of course, so I had to make sure all my outfits were fabulous. In that case, I was allowed to buy all of the clothes that were needed for the play.

Once I finished changing in the Drama room that was located in the building next to the Cafeteria, I went to go get my backpack. Since we were rehearsing in there for sixth period and my backpack was still left on the back corner of the stage.

As I arrived on the stages of the stairs I looked over to see the one person I hated the most, Juliet. She thinks she can just come into my school and win everybody's heart while being a poor scholar. No way. Not on my watch, mainly if she ended up being the reason for my break up with Jason.

I hear a voice coming for inside then it stops. I hide behind the curtains of the stage as Juliet opens the door and stands dumbly in the doorway while staring at someone's back. I recognize the brown shaggy hair and the firm back as Jason's. I can barely see what's in his hand, but I believe it to be his phone.

He presses a button on the phone and not realizing that Juliet is standing in the doorway. When a well sung song plays on Jason's phone I see Juliet's back tense up. Her hands are gently at her side and in fist. I easily catch on to the small amount of words that the song has and play it over and over in my head, while not understanding why Juliet is so shocked about it. I don't think about it for very long time when I hear Jason's voice speak up to Juliet.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asks in with full admiration as Juliet just stands their speechless.

I see Juliet manage to nod pathetically as Jason says, "I think so too. I'm trying to find out who sings the song. I even tried looking up the lyrics online and nothing came up." He sighs heavily in sadness and regret before continuing. "I only heard it one day when I was walking by the Cafeteria. So, now I'm left with the bit of recording and I am determined to find out who sings it. But, I don't know where to start."

Suddenly, Juliet just turns around and walks away from Jason. I got a quick glance of a pained and shocked expression that covered her face. What was her deal?

Then my thoughts went back to Jason and the song. He seemed so determined and intrigued by those few words, it got me wondering. I leaned back against the wall and had the words of the song running through my head. Then a plan came into my head. I needed a plan that would allow me to be with Jason once again. Plus, I needed a plan that would allow me to have revenge on Juliet for just being herself.

*Jason POV*

I watched as Juliet just walked away with an unreadable expression on her face. She didn't seem to enjoy the song like I did. But, for some reason I felt the need to show it to her. We both seem to have a love for music and she might find the song as beautiful as I did. Though, I don't think that was the result.

I played the song one more time, even though I knew the song by heart now. I just couldn't seem to get enough of the wonderful sound. The calming, meaningful, and well writing lyrics were just flowing through my head since I first heard them. Though, I only know a short amount of the song.

After the song finished once again, I picked up my bag and left the room. Since Mr. Beats was busy with his sister's wedding, he hasn't been showing up. Plus, Juliet and I are his only students for this class period anyway. At first he was just going to be my private teacher for seventh period, but Juliet was put in because there wasn't anywhere else for her to go with the schedule assigned.