Chapter 37

*Jason POV*

I felt like a child. My father had people watching my every move. Ever since we arrived back at the hotel he assigned bodyguards to stay right by my side. Surprisingly enough, he didn't lecture me at all on the ride back to the hotel. I just sat there staring out the window as the three bodyguards were surrounding me. My father on the other hand just continued typing away on his phone.

Right when we arrived to the suite, I went to my room and locked the door only to find that the lock was taken off the door. Maybe my dad was messaging a hotel staff to take the lock off. I through myself against the bed and let out an annoyed groan. I stared up at the ceiling only to see a human figure out of the corner of my eye. I knew instantly who it was by the loud echoing foot steps and the smell of his strong after shave.

"Did you really think you could get away with it?" My father let out a low chuckle. "I heard you called on of my workers and asked him to send you the jet. He would be the last person I would call to keep a secret because he has such a big mouth. sad he told me everything."

The man standing at the font of the bed just shook his head at me. He was walking towards the direction of the open door before he turned around and spoke again as if realizing something.

"You need to pack. We are leaving for Uncle Lace's country home to discuss with him and a few other workers about a property that goes up for sale tomorrow. We will end up staying the night." With that he left me alone to my thoughts.

It took me a while to process the fact that we were heading down to Uncle Lance's country home. I use to go up there and visit him and my aunt during my childhood summers.

Once summer my mom took me up there, before Alice was born, and spent the day with me. It was a warm sunny day and the house was set on acres of beautiful land. I remember a slight breeze blowing over the uncut field as my mother led me towards the horse stables. I was terrified when we stopped outside a large chestnut mare's stall. This was one of my first encounters with the beasts known as horses. As long as you don't count the ponies at petting zoos and birthday parties.

When my mom opened the stall's wooden gate, I quivered in my rubber boots as the gentle giant walked out in front of me. My mother placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and said, "Ill always be right there by your side."

I looked up to meet her eyes. "You promise?" I held out my pinkie finger towards her.

My mom locked her pinkie into my childlike one. "I promise."

With that simple gesture I reached out ahead and the horse placed his nose into my hand. A toothy grin formed on my face as I conquered my fear. Before I knew it my mother placed my upon the horses back . She took hold of the reins and walk the horse and I out of the stale and into the field. The only other thing I remember from that day was ridding on top of the horse with my mother there to catch me if I fell.

A smile formed on my face as I thought back to that memory. Maybe if I go back there I will remember her more. I feel like I all my memories and thoughts have faded away and I don't want to forget about her.

_____________________________________________________________________

More to come!

Question of the Chapter:

Favorite thing about the holidays? Doesn't have to be Christmas, just anything you celebrate...

Song of the Chapter:

Its Miranda Lambert's 'The House That Built Me'. This song is near and dear to my heart and I felt like adding it. What can I say? I grew up in a little country town that I love!

Picture of the Chapter:

A picture I took when I was in Key West last Spring Break and I found it on my laptop. I love this photo so much and I don't understand why!

Please check out FuzzyBears story! It's about two best friends and one enters a singing contest. It's a new story but I recommend it if you enjoy this story.

She also left me a wonderful comment that made my day! Thank you :)

Thanks my lovely Nerds for reading!

Love Delaney

:) <3