71. Beautiful Love

I wake up, stretching my tall lengthy body out on the couch. I throw my legs over the side and roll my shoulders out before going into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. As the coffee brews I walk quietly over to the edge of my bedroom and lean on the wall, grinning at the sight before me.

Jamie is snuggling into Rae's arms, she's snuggling her head into the messy mop of his red hair. When I see them like this it makes my heart swell. I always knew Rae would be an amazing mother. Even though Jamie isn't mine, we didn't create him together, it doesn't matter. He's a little piece of her and that meant I loved him and I'd take care of him with everything I had in me.

Something that I thought had once been given to someone else is right there inside my bed. I am the luckiest man in the universe to be given a second chance at a life with Rae, the love of it. Jamie is an added bonus, only another reason to love her more. These thoughts make me walk forward and sit on the edge of the bed. I stroke her beautifully soft cheek as I look over the two of them again with a satisfied grin. This, this is all a man needs.

We've got Rhys's wedding to attend today. I'm the best man and Rae is a bridesmaid. I look over her features as an overwhelming feeling overtakes me. This is yet another wedding we'll be at that isn't our own.

I lean forward and kiss her head thinking about how I've already bought her the ring. I've already made the decision to ask her to be my wife. The moment she no longer is married to Liam she's free to be mine and I plan on making her it. I'm not wasting another second, another single moment of her or my life, without explicitly belonging to one another.

Like I've said a million times before, my love for her just won't quit, it never will. I don't care about our mistakes, because we've both made them throughout the years. I don't care she married another man. I don't care she'd had a child with him. The only thing I cared about was if she loved me and Rae loves me. She never stopped loving me just as I never stopped loving her. The love just won't quit.

"What are you thinking about, handsome?" Rae's groggy voice asked me and I hadn't even realized she'd woken up.

"How much I love you, Raegan." She rolls her eyes at me. "I'm serious, Rae. I love you so much, both of you." That makes her eyes water.

"You love Jamie?"

"Of course I do. He's a little you, Rae, and he's yours. How could I not?"

"I love you too, Seth." She reaches up and places her hand atop mine. I was made to protect things, fight for what I love, and these two people on the bed give me that purpose stronger than anything else.

✩✩✩

The wedding was beautiful and Rhys seemed happier than ever. I've never seen him look as happy as he did today. He'd found his person and luckily was able to do it without all of the chaos Rae and I had to go through. He was happy. He had his forever.

I'm currently dancing with Rae on the dancefloor, this time not giving a single fuck who sees us. No, I kiss her every now and again, just checking to make sure she's really there, here inside of my arms. She's not just a figment of my imagination. No, Rae is really here dancing with me happily and I can kiss her when I feel like it. I can pull her as close as I'd like, feel her body with my hands without caring about who sees me do so.

This isn't the dream that has plagued me over the years after her wedding day. The dream where she's my bride and I'm dancing with her happily across the dancefloor. In her perfect stomach is my child, not someone else's son. No, I'd awoken from a cold sweat a number of nights after having that particular dream. In the nights after Raegan's wedding to Liam I was a complete fucking mess.