41. Meaningful Talks

After Sarah had told Rae she'd basically fucked me in the shower while telling me I was going to be a father Rae looked like she was going to pass out. I could see the look on her face realizing why I was so distant for the past two weeks. I'd called her name and so had Rhys but she looked like she didn't hear either of us.

I thought she'd stay and scream at me but, to my surprise, she'd opened the door and left. Rhys went after her and I completely lost my shit at Sarah. I'd screamed at her. I'd yelled. I'd said some of the meanest shit I could think of because she'd just costed me my relationship with Raegan and she knew it.

She'd sat there and happily told Rae everything. She fucking laughed in her face as she did so as well. Sarah treated Rae like she was some big fat fucking joke but she wasn't laughing when I was finished with her. No, the verbal onslaught I'd given her afterwards was brutal and she did the one thing I've never seen her do. Sarah actually cried. Not just cry either. She practically balled her fucking eyes out.

After that I'd left her alone in the dressing room. I'd gone out and fought my fight viciously. I felt bad for my opponent because I was ruthless. I needed to get out all of those infuriating emotions that were boiling like fire ants underneath my skin and I'd done so meticulously on him.

Afterward I'd showered and changed. I took my time before going to see Rae because I figured I was probably the last person she wanted to see right now. I figured maybe Rhys could talk to her. If anyone could do it he could possibly help her digest and hopefully deescalate the situation before I saw her.

Unfortunately for me Rhys hadn't been able to get ahold of her. So, here I am, standing outside her apartment door feeling the self-loathing course through me as I hear her sobbing through the door. Even from this spot I can hear her crying and she's crying hard. I put my head on the door feeling like such a fucking piece of garbage before slowly knocking on the door.

Her cries stop momentarily before she manages to choke out, "go away Rhys. I don't want to talk to you."

"It's me, Rae." She doesn't say anything. "Come on, babe. Open the door. We need to talk."

To my complete and utter surprise she actually opens the door. The moment I look down at her I feel my heart break in half because her eyes are swollen and red from her crying. Her face is a splotchy beautiful mess.

"Rae, I can explain." Her form begins to tremble again but she doesn't say anything. She moves aside, gesturing for me to come into her apartment. Once she closes the door she turns toward me. "I'm sorry. I didn't want you to find out like that. I'd planned on telling you I just needed to-"

"Which part did you not want me finding out about like that?" she said, interrupting me. "Was it the part about you sleeping with Sarah or the part about you sleeping with another girl and getting her pregnant?"

"I didn't have sex with Sarah she just got in the shower with me." Okay, that doesn't sound right either. "I mean, I got right out when she came in." She arches an eyebrow at me. "We didn't shower together for that long."

Jesus Christ, I'm off to a truly brilliant start.

"Good to know." She wraps her arms around herself. "Yeah, real good to know while I was telling Liam off you were showering with your ex."

"She just came in. I don't have any control over her. She's fucking crazy, Raegan. You know it."

"Okay, so you just were naked with her. Yeah, no big deal. No wonder you thought I was fucking Liam back at my place considering what you were doing." She looks up at me with a fresh set of tears in her eyes. "Is that why you wanted to have sex so bad? Were you," she chokes on tears, "were you thinking about her while you... you-"