24. He's Number Two - ✭RAE✭

It's my third week working at the gallery and I absolutely love it. The space is historic yet modern, singeing the old with the new. The art is a mixture of the same and a mixture of media as well.

"So, what do you think?" Mandie asks, looking at the picture in front of us. Mandie has been working here for two years. She's been somewhat of a mentor these past few weeks. "What does it make you feel?"

"The brush strokes are short and all over the place. She used vivid color here but it's rather dull over here." I study it, turning my head sideways. "There's a conflict there, you can see it in the circular motions with the bright colors," I point to the left of the canvas, "and the angular, more agitated strokes over here with the dark." I look at the name of the piece. "I would have named it inner turmoil rather than inner peace."

"Sometimes we can channel our inner turmoil into inner peace." She points to one side of the canvas, "you could say she may have started in a tormented place but, ultimately, landed in a place of happiness."

I cock my head to the side seeing it a bit differently, "yeah, I can see what you mean." I glance down at my watch. "It's almost six. We should probably start to close up."

"Really?" Mandie shakes her head. "Where does the time even go these days?"

I shrug but turn around when I hear the door open and a pair of heels frantically clicking on the stone floor. There's Christine or, as she likes to go by, Chrissy, running in. She's got a stunning blue dress on, one that showcases her beautifully long and tan legs. Her brown hair is expertly curled in waves, framing her angular face.

"You look amazing, Chrissy," Mandie says before I can. "But what the hell are you running in here like that for? Are you being chased by a serial killer or...?" She pauses and looks down at Chrissy's feet. "And how the heck did you not fall on your face with those monster heels on?" It's true, she was already tall and now with those things on she looked modelesque.

"Okay okay, guys, am I like a total skank if I have sex on the first date?" She huffs breathlessly. "Like does sex on a first date qualify as one-night-stand material or?"

"That's right, you're on a date with the dream boat." Mandie rolls her eyes. "I knew from the way you were talking about him the other day that you'd give it up on the first date."

"Shut up!"

  "I mean, she's not wrong, Chrissy." I can't help but laugh.

"Ugh, I know." She lets out an exaggerated sigh.

Chrissy told us she'd met a guy the other night while she was out dancing. Apparently, it was love at first sight or at least that's what she said it was. He was everything she'd ever dreamed of physically. His body shape, height, etcetera were perfection to her. She wouldn't date a guy shorter than her so those monster, near six inch, heels were proof that he must be pretty tall too.

"I think it all depends," I say.

"Depends on what?" She pouts.

Mandie puts her hands on her hips, "well, is he take home to mom material or is he just take home to fuck material?" 

"Oh my god, Mandie!"

"Well, what is it, Chrissy?" She arches an eyebrow.

"Definitely number two but I don't know about number one." She fiddles with her hair. "I just... I need both of your opinion."

"What do you mean?" I chime in.

"He's coming here, liiiike any second. He had to go park his truck but I asked him to drop me off so I could make sure you guys stayed open. I told him I wanted to show him the art."