29. Admit Your Feelings - ✭RAE✭

"You know you didn't have to bring up New York like that at dinner tonight." I toss my purse on the kitchen counter letting out a frustrated huff.

"Why?" Liam comes up behind me in the kitchen, putting his hands on my waist. "I just can't wait to start our future together and what can I say?" He places a kiss on the side of my neck. "I just wanted some people to know."

Some people just happen to be Seth. Go figure. 

I don't turn around, I just splay my hands out on the counter top as he nuzzles my neck. "It's because we agreed that I had the summer to think about it and I felt like you were pressuring me by bringing it up like that. And you acted like everything was already one-hundred percent guaranteed and I had basically no option."

"And the fact that you didn't want Seth to know because he still has some sort of feelings for you." I look down at the granite beneath my fingers not responding as he pulls away from me. "Rae?"

"What?" I'm barely able to say the word. I don't want to give anything away.

"Turn around." I look down for another moment, trying to mask any emotion before I turn around to look at him. Once I do, his blue eyes search mine. "And you..." he caresses my cheekbone with his hand "do you still have feelings for him as well?"

I pause for a moment before answering him honestly. "I don't know." Well, in all actuality, I have a lot of feelings when it comes to Seth and not all of them are pleasant.

His jaw clenches and his hand pulls away from my face. "You're kidding me, right?" He grits out, "you haven't seen him in months and all of a sudden he shows up out of nowhere and he's sleeping with Chrissy, your coworker, no less. How can you possibly still have any inclination toward feelings for someone who'd do that, Raegan?"

"He didn't know she worked with me when he met her." And now I'm defending the very thing I'd argued with him about. Pathetic. Im sighing and shaking my head in disbelief at myself internally.

"But he knows now and he's still sleeping with her." I shrug because yeah, it sucks but what the hell am I supposed to do about it? "Jesus Christ, Raegan." He shakes his head at me. "He's a player. He's using her, it's clear."

"In all fairness, she's doing the same thing to him." Because Seth is sexy and even sexier when naked. Liam doesn't need to be privy to that particular information though.

She probably wants more from him now but she hasn't really told me that exactly. All I got to hear about was the endless amount of hot sex they were having and the fact that if Seth does stick around she wants his babies. Gag. I'm now realizing the thought of Seth having babies with anyone sits rather uncomfortably with me.

Liam shakes his head as he studies me saying, "why are you defending him?"

"I'm not." Even though he's right and I know I am definitely defending Seth. I hate myself for it.

"You are, Raegan, and I don't understand why." He lets out a huff in frustration. "It's been nearly seven months we've been together. Is that not enough?"

"I don't know what you want me to tell you, Liam." I walk away from him into the living room and then up into my bedroom. "I've known Seth almost my entire life. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt."

"Among other things," he mumbles irritatedly.

"Really Liam?" He doesn't say anything. "I don't get what you want me to say."

"I want you to tell me that you don't have any feelings left for Seth." He's following close behind me as I enter the room. "I want you to say that there's nothing left between the two of you, especially now."