43. The Beauty Inside Dilapitated Buildings - ✭SEAN✭

I've been on and off the phone with my lawyer Mark all fucking morning. I'm trying to see what is the best course of action to take with this woman my son apparently impregnated in a god damn one-night stand. She wants to have the baby adopted and Seth being Seth he'd said no. I blow out a long agitated breath feeling like fire ants are crawling under my skin.

I wouldn't be surprised if I had a few kids of my own out there that I didn't know about. The amount of women I'd had one-night stands with before Monica is fucking monumental. How she's the only one who ever got accidentally pregnant by me is a fucking shocker. I always wore a condom though, well, besides when I was with Monica, and luckily none of them broke.

That was my number one rule. Always wear a condom. Double wrap my dick because there is no way I was father material. But here we are twenty plus years later and I'm about to go into this woman's shitty fucking apartment building, in this shitty part of town, so I can help clean up her shitty fucking life and hopefully make sure my grandchild doesn't get adopted away to some random family. If it is indeed my grandchild that is. I, personally, am still on the fence about that one.

The fucking irony of this situation isn't lost on me though. I'd gotten clean so I could give myself a better life and I'd stayed clean so that I could give my family a better life. Now, here I am, stepping inside this, well, what I'm almost positive is, addict infested building.

I'm about to to give this woman Katie a large sum of money for her to live an alternative lifestyle. I'm going to take her out of this hell hole, if she's willing. I hadn't really thought it through yet but maybe I'd get her a nice hotel room for her to stay in until she's due. Then maybe she'd just give Seth custody instead of feeling the need to give the child up for adoption.

I jog my way up the stairs remembering walking up a similar set of stairs when I'd lived in this part of the city. Monica and I had lived not too far from this dilapidated building. They were all similar apartments and that's because they were all shitty.

Once I make it to her door I knock a few times. I run my hand threw my hair and tug at the ends, hating the fact that I'm even here. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be doing this. I wish my fucking son had enough common fucking sense to realize a girl he'd slept with was fucking pregnant.

The door opens and I feel like all of the air has been stolen from my lungs. I blink a few times and look over the young woman in front of me. I close my eyes and shake my head before opening them to look at her again. She looks just like Monica had when she was her age.

"Can I help you?" Her soft voice asks and fuck me because even her voice is similar. "Is there anything I can help you with?" She asks again because I'm just staring at her painfully.

This poor beautiful woman. I shake my head, trying to gather my thoughts. God is a fucking sadist. Because only a sadist would put me in this situation.

"Hi, I'm looking for Katie." I look down at her very pregnant body with the assumption that this is definitely her.

"Yeah, and who the fuck are you?" She's got a slight Bostonian accent, one Monica never had. "And what the fuck are you doing here?" I can't help but smirk.

She's got a mouth on her.

"I'm Seth's father." Her eyes widen and she begins to back into her apartment, closing the door. I place my hand on it, not letting her close it on me. "Wait, I think we need to have a conversation."

"I told him I'm giving it up. You don't have to worry about anything. You... you..."

"Katie, stop. Just let me inside. Please?" She looks up at me with frightened eyes. "You don't have to be scared. I'm just here to help." Which actually wasn't originally why I was here. I was just going to bribe her to stop sucking off her landlord until the baby was born and then who knows what. But now that I've seen her I can't do that. Monica wouldn't want me to do that.