12. When The Masks Come Off - ✭RAE✭

I watch in amusement as Seth basically drags Sarah onto the dance floor. The look on his face every time she showed up made me want to laugh. Why he continues to maintain a relationship with her I don't understand. She clearly got right up under his skin. Seems to be a thing he's into. I suck the rest of my drink through my straw and look away from them.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

"I'll take five lemon drops." Rhys says to the bartender as he leans up against the bar. "Hey, where's Seth?"

"Dancing." I point in Seth's direction.

"Oh for fuck's sake." My brother shakes his head in disappointment. "That woman will be the fucking death of him, I swear."

"Who is she?" Miss Venezuela asks.

I grab my lemon drop, "she's his fucking girlfriend" then swig it back.

Rhys eyes me, "ex-girlfriend."

"Whatever. It didn't appear that way the other day when we walked in on them." I take Liam's shot out of his hand and take it. "Two more, Mike."

Liam cocks an eyebrow at me, "that traumatizing, was it?"

"You have no idea." That's when I realize all of them are staring at me. "What?"

"You wanna wait for the rest of us?" My brother is eyeing me in a way that makes me uncomfortable. "Or maybe you should sit this one out. How many drinks have you had?"

"I'm fine." I glare at him.

"If you say so." But even though he says that he doesn't look convinced.

We all take our drinks. I notice that the girl from the other night keeps staring at Seth like a lost puppy. Why do they all look at him like that? I signal for another drink. I tap my fingers on the bar impatiently as I look back out to the two of them but now they're clearly arguing. Then she slaps him. She fucking slapped him.

I launch forward automatically but Rhys wraps his arm around my waist before I can go and tear that bitches head off. "Seth can take care of himself, Rae" he whispers in my ear. "Now calm the hell down." 

"Oh shit." Liam chuckles still looking at the scene and thankfully not at my brother and I. "Wonder what he did to deserve that."

"Probably nothing." Rhys lets go of me. "She's a fucking basket case. The amount of crazy shit she's done to him is ridiculous."

"Cunt," I utter to myself but clearly Rhys had heard.

He eyes me again, "yeah, you have no idea."

I smooth out my outfit and take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I look back out and watch as Seth makes his way through the crowd to a set of stairs in the back. I wonder where that goes to but I'm afraid to ask Rhys. My overreaction was probably a giant red flag to him. Hopefully he just chalks it up to me drinking too much. Hopefully.

✩✩✩

After a while of dancing and everyone having a lot to drink I manage to slip away. Seth hadn't come down from wherever he went and I'd honestly started to worry about him. Rhys was finally too occupied with Carla and heavily under the influence. Eva and Liam are getting drinks at the bar, not paying any attention to me, so I take this moment to slip away.

I make it to the same staircase I'd seen Seth go up and hurry up them as quick as I can. But once I reach a door I'm kind of at a loss of what to do. Do I knock? Do I just go in? I go for the former but without any answer I end up doing the later. Once I enter the room I realize this is the room with a window that looks down on the dance floor.