67. Out Of The Dark - ✭SEAN✭

Seth has been in the hospital for a few days. I'm sitting in the room as he sleeps, watching over him, like any good father would be after their son had gotten the ever-living hell beaten out of them. He's been in and out of consciousness and a bit groggy because of his wounds and how hard he'd been hit in the back of the head by what was determined to be a fucking baseball bat.

How much of a pussy does one have to be to hit you in the back of the head with a bat? And apparently we're not talking just one person attacking him but several. Several people jumped my son and put him in the fucking hospital.

I'd seen the way Seth had been with Rae and Jamie that night. I hadn't wanted him to wallow in his shit so I'd decided to go after him. If anyone knew how to brood it was me and I knew Seth would've spent the entire night doing just that.

I had wanted to be there for him. I had wanted him to know that I supported him, regardless of how fucked up it was that he'd slept with another man's wife. I mean, who am I to even talk? I fucked Jenn for Christ's sake and that woman still tries to sleep with me to this day.

Why Raegan had ever even married Liam is a mystery to me. To me, everything about him just screamed 'rich entitled douchebag'. He held on to her like she was a prize, like an object, not a person. You can tell his feelings for her are shallow. She was a challenge, a conquest, so he'd put a ring on it and knocked her up the second he had his chance.

It didn't matter that he'd done any of that because she was clearly still so infatuated with my son, so deeply in love with him. It was even painful for me to watch what went on between the two of them. Why she'd waste Liam's time, let alone her own, is beyond me. I could even see it on her wedding day. She'd looked at Seth as if her heart had just freshly broken. All it took was a single glance and you could see that fire reignite between the two of them. It's like a canister of gasoline was thrown on it and someone tossed in a match.

When they'd danced you would've thought it was their wedding day, not her and Liam's. The way the two of them looked at each other with all of that longing, that lust, made their love shine like a beacon that anyone could see. But then there was that moment where she'd nearly completely snuffed it out.

The look on Seth's face looked like he was absolutely devastated, like someone had just stabbed him in the gut. It was like she'd snapped him in half like a twig. I'd wondered what it took to make that happen but Liam's announcement that she was expecting had let me know exactly what she'd told him that broke him; she was carrying another man's child.

After the wedding I'd thought he'd surely move on. I honestly thought he had already with Irina since she was basically living with him. Irina had been an alright woman, she treated him good and she was attractive, well, I suppose. Blonde women were never really my particular type but they seemed to be Seth's. But she seemed shallow, something I'd noticed my son was also attracted to.

Every other woman besides Raegan was that way. They were all beautiful on the outside but their insides were void of any sustenance. I liked Rae a lot better than most of them. She had spunk, tenacity, and she made him happy. Rae was also free-spirited, artsy, and that seemed to make her indecisive. That's, I'm sure, how she'd found herself married to Liam and not my son. Well, there's that and the fact that my son has a sharp tongue with a volatile temper sometimes.

Seth seemed to calm down once he opened his gym and once he channeled that anger more productively. For that, I was proud of Seth. I thought maybe he'd find someone else but I was clearly wrong. The moment Rae came back to town Seth had sought her out, clearly not giving a shit about the fact that she was married.

I wouldn't give a single fuck either if I was him.

And this is how I know he's my son. He wants what he wants and there's no telling him otherwise. Even if the thing he wants he shouldn't want. Nope, not my Seth, he'll still happily go right after it. I mean, he'd already managed to do something with her on Thanksgiving after having barely seen each other in a seven-year span. And that son of hers, he ran up to Seth like he was the best thing in the world. The look on Seth's face was that of a happy father, the image would've nearly choked me up if I hadn't been so angry at him for potentially fucking up that little boy's life.