50. Knocks In New York - ✭RAE✭

I had sat at the train station waiting for Seth but he'd never shown. I'd expected him not to listen to me and show up, trying to convince me I needed to stay. I knew if he did I'd probably cave completely because when it comes to Seth I'm a hot mess.

He'd hung up on me and left me at the train station like I'd told him to. I mean, I'd broken up with him, told him we needed a break. I don't know why a part of me thought he wouldn't listen but I guess when Katie went into labor everything went out the window.

I'd talked to Rhys later that night. He'd told me to call him when I got to New York to make sure I was safe. When he'd uttered those words saying Katie was about to give birth a part of me wanted to be there by Seth's side but another part of me knew I couldn't. Instead I'd traveled into the city and showed up at the doorstep of the one person I knew.

I'd knocked on the door without calling, without letting him know that I was showing up. He'd opened the door, half-naked and hair askew, looking much like he had after our sexual encounters. I'd apologized, turned away, but the girl he'd just been with had already left. At least he'd said she'd left.

I guess thinking he'd still be single while I was back in Boston with Seth was a silly notion. He's attractive. He's got a sexy accent and a fuckton of money. He's in New York with a million different beautiful women. Of course Liam would be knee-deep in pussy instead of waiting around on my temperamental ass. I don't know why it was such a surprise to me though.

He'd told me to come in and so I had, telling him I was sorry but I knew no one else. I told him I was moving to the city and I'd told him things with Seth didn't really work out. He'd slid on his shirt, apologizing about my situation. He'd offered me a whiskey and I'd gladly taken him up on it.

I'd asked him where a good hotel was and he'd basically laughed me off saying I could stay with him. I didn't want it to be uncomfortable for his new girlfriend but he assured me they weren't together. Which is interesting because Liam had always been a very committed man and never really seemed like they type to enjoy sleeping around.

Guess I have that effect on men...

Liam's new apartment kind of reminded me of Rhys's but a lot smaller. It was more condensed but with all the luxury someone like Liam is accustomed to. Well, if I'm honest, like I'm accustomed to as well. He'd shown me around and showed me his guest room which he said I could stay in for as long as I'd like.

It's been two weeks since I arrived and I think I've found a place of my own. I can't stay here with Liam, there's just way too much tension. He helped me sign up for classes and even took me on my first day which I'd told him he didn't have to but he'd insisted.

He went out and had his fun but never brought anyone home, which I was honestly so thankful for. I couldn't imagine hearing my ex-boyfriend banging another woman in the room down the hall. Cringe. Yeah, I'm all set with that.

"What are you thinking about, princess?" I give him a hearty eye roll. "What?"

"You don't have to call me princess, Liam. We aren't dating anymore."

He gives me a small smirk, "not yet." I shake my head at him. "So, this is the place?"

"Yeah, it's a small studio but I think I can swing the rent. Everything's so fricken expensive here."

"It's New York City, baby. What'd you expect?"

I let out a big sigh, "I don't know but it's insane how much they want for a nice studio apartment."

"You can always stay with me." He gives me a wink.

"Liam..."

"I know, I know. You need your space and some time. I got it." He holds up his hands. "No pressure."