5. The Sunshine Spins

After my shift was over I found Rae and we had left the club. She had quite a few drinks and passed out in my truck on the way back to Rhys' place. So, right about now, I'm carrying a passed-out Rae bridal style into the building of her brother's place.

I'm never going to let her live this one down.

"What happened to her?" Eddie, the doorman, asks as he opens the door for us.

"She had a bit much too much to drink." He just shakes his head at me in understanding. "Mind getting the elevator for me?" He just nods again and presses the appropriate buttons for me.

Rae groans in my arms and I know exactly what that groan means. Oh, don't you fucking dare throw up in the elevator, Rae. The door opens and I practically run down the hallway trying not to bounce her body around too much as I do. I unlock the door with my key as fast as I can then rush her to the bathroom.

I kneel down next to the toilet with her body still in my arms as I open the lid. She starts gagging in my arms. "Rae, come on, wake up." I shake her and she looks up at me blinking a few times until she recognizes me.

"Seth?" She questions. Rae coughs, gags, and then gets out of my arms quickly grabbing the toilet bowl. I pull her hair out of the way just in time before she begins spewing out all the alcohol she's ingested. Her entire body is shaking once she finishes.

"You good for a second?" She manages a nod and I let go of her wavy red hair as I stand up. I walk out into the kitchen and grab her a bottle of water but not without hearing Rhys moaning out loudly into the apartment.

At least one of us is getting some tonight.

Once I'm back in the bathroom I grab a washcloth, wet it, then kneel next to her. "Come here, Rae." She looks over to me warily. "You're gunna be alright. Just let me clean you up." She surprisingly complies. I wipe her face and mouth clean. I toss the cloth into the corner then pass her the water. "Drink this but not too fast or you'll puke again." She sips slowly. "There, feeling better?"

"The world is spinning." She closes her eyes and groans. "Seth, can you please make it stop."

"If I could I would, Rae." I chuckle.

"It's not funny" she whines.

"Come here." I grab ahold of her and make her lie down on the cool tile floor, putting her head in my lap. "There," I stroke her hair out of her face "is that a bit better?" She nods into my jeans but she's still making a pouty face.

"Why do you smell so good?" She mumbles out, "you smell so fucking good. I want to bottle it up and smell it all the time." Uh, what? "I made you hard tonight. I want to do it again." My eyes widen as I look down at her barely coherent self as she continues her babble. "I'm good in bed. I'll fuck you really good. I've always wa...." her voice trails off as she passes out in my lap.

She's always what?

✩✩✩

I feel a rustling in my lap and slowly blink my eyes open. Rae blinks her eyes open too and then stares up at me in bewilderment. "What the actual fuck?" She launches herself upright, out of my lap. "Oh fuck." She grabs the side of her head as she sits there. I'm assuming that's the hangover beginning to set in.

"Here." I pass her the water bottle. She snatches it from me and begins chugging the liquid. I stand up and offer her a hand, which she ignores as she pulls herself upright.

"I'm fine, asshole." She storms out of the bathroom leaving me momentarily stunned.

What the fuck did I do?

"Whatever" I grumble to myself as I exit the bathroom and make my way to the kitchen. As I walk I come across Rhys kissing whoever that girl is that he was fucking last night goodbye. I shake my head as I enter the kitchen.

"Well, well, look at you still in last night's clothes." Rhys comes in the kitchen going directly in the fridge. "Looks like someone may have gotten just a wee bit too hammered last night."

Yeah, your sister after she grabbed my cock and apparently wanted to fuck me...

"Rae got wasted last night, passed out in my truck, and spent the night puking in the bathroom. I'm surprised I got her in there in time. I thought she was going to spew chunks all over the fucking elevator. You're lucky the hallway doesn't look like something out of the The Exorcist."

I also spent the night in the bathroom with her explaining what a good fuck she'd be in her drunken state before she passed out. We're not going there. It's too early for that shit.

"Damn. I'm sorry, man." He starts cooking up some eggs on the stove. "Thanks for looking after her."

"It's no problem. You know Rae is like a sister to me." Right as I say those words Rae walks into the kitchen. She gives me an unreadable look as she sits down at the breakfast bar. She's wearing much more suitable hangover attire; sweats and a tee.

"Heard you got pretty shitty last night." Rhys chuckles.

"Fuck off, Rhys." She's closing her eyes, pressing the bottle of water to her head. I know that it has got to be pounding.

I grab some orange juice from the fridge and some pain-relieving medication out of the cabinet. After I pour her a cup I walk it over to her. "Here, take this and drink this."

Rae looks up at me with hard eyes, "well aren't you just a world class gentleman." She tosses the pills back and drinks a hearty gulp of the juice. After she's done she eyes me in irritation.

What the fuck did I do? Just hours ago she was telling me how good she is in bed and now she's back to hating me. Did I just imagine the entire experience last night or is Rae just fucking crazy? I'm going to go with option number two.

"What are you up to today, Seth?"

I look away from Rae, "school and I've got a fight tonight. Then I'm just going to come back here and pass the fuck out most likely." I cross my arms over my chest as I lean my back against the countertop.

"How is your old man?"

"Same as he gets every year around this time. He's irritable as ever." He nods because he knows how my dad gets. "So, how was your night?"

"Carla, the girl, fucks like a..."

"No. Nope. Stop it. Gross." I hear Rae interrupt him from behind me. "I am not going to hear about my brother's sexcapades."

"Fine." He stabs the eggs on his plate. "I wont tell you that I was balls deep in her until sunrise."

"Uuuugh!" Rae hops down from the chair. "Why do you have to be so fucking disgusting?" She scurries off down the hallway where our rooms are with her hands over her ears and I can't help but chuckle.

"She's such a Rae of fucking sunshine, isn't she?" Rhys rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, she's something like that."