25. Aimless Walks & Talks Around Quincy

I throw my legs over the side of Chrissy's bed and stand up. I stretch as I watch her slide on a pair of high-waisted slacks, pulling them up over her camisole. She eyes me in the mirror, specifically the nakedness below my waist.

I cock a tempting eyebrow at her. "Think you can handle another round? You were barely hanging on last night."

"Don't even temp me." She twists her hair into a tight bun on the back of her head before shaking her head at me. "I'm surprised I can even walk after the past week. You have quite the stamina."

"Hey, you are the one looking at me like a piece of meat right now." I laugh as I pull up my jeans. "You working today?"

"Yeah," Chrissy begins applying a coat of lipstick. "I'm working with your friend, Rae. You know you never really told me much about how you know each other or like things you guys did together as kids. You, her brother, and her were just childhood friends?"

Hardly. But I don't say that. Instead I go with, "there's not much to tell besides the basic stuff, honestly. I can give you a lift to work if you'd like."

"I'd like that." She gives me a giant smile in the mirror. "I'd like that a lot."

I smile but I'm frowning at myself internally because I know she wants more from me and the only reason I'd offered to give her a ride is because I want to see someone else. I want to see Rae. I want a chance to talk to her and the only excuse I have to do that is this girl.

When I had walked into the gallery that night and seen her there I felt like my insides were going to fall straight out onto the floor. She looked beautiful, as usual, but she also looked like she didn't give a single fucking shit that I was there with her coworker or that I was specifically there to fuck her coworker that night. She knew, I could tell, but she didn't even care. I'd clearly misread our hug at the restaurant a couple weeks ago.

She'd just shrugged us off like some casual acquaintances and I'd just stood there like a mute idiot knowing we were a hell of a lot more than that. At least to me we were. But there I was, once again, watching her leave with Liam, the better man. It was honestly something I was sick of seeing because it was just a big fat fucking reminder that she'd chosen him over me. Rae had one person to go home to at night and I had one too many these days.

All those things people had thought before about me sleeping around were now true. Whether people would believe it or not Rae was one of the only people, other than Sarah, that I'd actually slept with before. I'd had a few awkward sexual encounters as a teenager, even into my early twenties, but nothing serious, the loss of my virginity included. Cringe.

As much as I hate to admit it, Sarah taught me the majority of everything I know. Well, her and porn both had a hand in that. After my mother died I'd met Sarah. She became the only female presence in my life and she treated me like her personal property. I honestly didn't even mind her crazy, possessive personality at first because it made the sex all the better.

I was able to take all of that pain out on her in the bedroom and she had gladly let me, teaching me exactly how to do so along the way. She let me dominate her, let me fuck her relentlessly. She was mine to fuck and there was not one moment she let me forget I was hers after. But the only way Sarah fucked me hard was mentally.

Any time I'd try to break up with her she'd make sure I knew just how pissed off she was. Flat tires, busted windows, a screaming argument in a public place, and a smack or two across the face every now and again let me know I'd fucked up in some way or another. But then I'd just take her back to her place and fuck out all of my frustration with her, on her.