7. Shots For Confusion

The last few days have been awkward as hell. Well, awkward for me at least. After the unexpected and amazingly hot blow-job Rae had given me she'd basically shoved me out of her room and slammed the door. She'd licked her thumb covered in my essence but then two seconds later stood up and shoved me out of her room like I had the god damn plague.

Afterward she'd acted like nothing even happened between the two of us. Rae was back to her extremely standoffish demeanor with me. She barely looked at me let alone talked to me. If she did talk to me she referred to me as asshole or fuck-face. Now, I wouldn't have been surprised by that before. You know, before she went full throttle and deep throated my dick.

She's a dragon. A crazy one. Those thoughts, along with a handful of other much dirtier thoughts, have been continuously playing in my head. It's probably not the best time for those though.

Tonight Rhys is having Carla over and apparently she's bringing a friend along. Also, that friend is supposed to be my date tonight. I hate the idea of a blind date and I hate that Rhys is trying to set me up with this girl's friend. I don't understand why people feel like you have to be in a relationship. It just isn't really my thing. Long blonde hair and a name that begins with an S is most likely the reason for that.

"Relax, man. She's your type, trust me." I cock an eyebrow at Rhys and can't help but think how he'd probably fucking kill me if he knew my type these days happened to be red-headed and dragon-like. "Seriously, she's so fucking hot. She's thin but the curves on her, god damn. Shit, man, if I wasn't with Carla I'd be trying to tap that."

"You sound like a fucking idiot when you talk like that. You do realize that, right?" I cross my arms across my chest in frustration. I do not want to do this, not in the least. No, I do not want to go out to my father's club, where I work, to grind myself up on a random stranger that my friend thinks is fuckable.

The doorbell sounds, alerting us of their arrival and I sigh. Rhys walks over to the door, opens it, then greets the two of them. Carla steps through and then her friend does. The moment she walks through I have to keep my jaw from dropping straight to the fucking floor. This woman is so fucking sexy and I want to do much more than just dance with her tonight.

"You must be Seth." She says as she walks over to me.

I give her a lopsided grin that has her eyes sparkling. "That would be me and you're Eva."

"It's nice to meet you." She leans in and kisses me on the cheek then whispers into my ear "I am pleasantly surprised, bello." She steps away from me with a sinful look plastered on her face. I look over her deliciously curvaceous body again. I linger on her hips, picturing myself between them, which, if I and anything to say about it, is happening tonight.

✩✩✩

After a night of drinking, dancing, and getting to know Eva we are about to become much better acquainted. Carla and her had agreed to come back to Rhys' place. Currently, we are all in the kitchen about to take a round of shots when Rae comes through the front door.

"Hey sis, come have a drink with us." Rhys calls out to her.

Once she's in my view I can't help but look over her immaculate body. She's wearing a skintight navy-blue dress and she looks absolutely beautiful. Rhys grabs another shot glass and fills it to the brim.

She eyes me, then eyes Eva. Her eyes flash with irritation, or at least I think they did because the look had only lasted half a second. "Fuck it. Why not?" Her heels clink on the wood floor as she walks towards us. "Where'd you guys go tonight?" She eyes me but directs the question at Rhys.

"The club." She nods at him and grabs the shot glass out of his hand. "1,2,3 SHOT!"

We all throw them back. Eva makes a disgusted face while Rae grabs the bottle off the counter. She pours herself another and knocks it back. She proceeds to do this two more times with all of us just starring at her.

"Hey," I place my hand on hers as she reaches to do it again. "You're going to get sick if you have anymore."

She jerks away from me. "Yeah, and since when do you care what I do?" She grabs the bottle off the counter and heads off in the direction of our rooms.

"You're lucky we have another bottle of vodka!" Rhys calls out playfully to her but I know she's upset. He's clearly unaware of that fact.

"I'll be right back." I can't let her go off and get plastered because something is telling me it has to do with me. Well, most likely it has to do with me. Who knows? I sure as fuck don't.

"Oh Seth, just leave her be. She'll get over it. Whatever the hell it is."

"Yeah and end up throwing up all over your guest room in the process." I begin to walk away knowing he can't argue with that. I take a few steps up into the hallway that holds her bedroom, my bedroom, and a single guest bathroom.

I knock on Rae's door but get no response. I try the handle and, to my surprise, it's open. I enter her room and find Rae sitting on her bed, head in hands, crying. "Rae?" I shut the door behind me. She looks up at me and wipes her face. "Rae, what's wrong?" I go over to the bed and sit down next to her.

"Nothing. I'm fine." She says angrily. "Get the fuck out of my room, Seth." She turns away from me and grabs the bottle of vodka from the floor. I reach to take it from her but she jerks her arm away. "Just go."

"No." I snatch the bottle from her hands.

"Yes." She tries to snatch it back and ends up pressing her chest against mine as she reaches for it, her mouth just inches away from mine.

"No, Rae."

"Go fuck whoever that is out there and leave me alone."

"Is that what you're upset about?" I look down at her, just mere inches away from me still. It's like our bodies are stuck in this position.

"You're so self-absorbed. No. My life does not revolve around you, asshole."

She reaches for the bottle again, pressing herself almost fully against my body. As she does I drop it, wrap my arms around her, flip her onto the bed, and kiss her passionately. Rae kisses me back without hesitation. Her hands go up my shirt, running over my abdomen before clinging to my back. Our tongues battle for dominance as each and every one of our touches is more fervent than the last.

"Seth!" Rhys calls out loudly. His voice is the equivalent of ice-water being poured all over me. I pull away from Rae automatically. "Get the fuck out here!"

"Fuck." I murmur into her lips that are now a few inches away from mine. I look into her bright hazel eyes and see that they're now filled with lust instead of sadness or anger. Both looks I had been previously accustom to this week.

I lean back onto my knees and run my hands through my hair as I let out a deep breath. I need to calm myself down before I go back out there. "This is a bad idea, Rae." I shake my head as I look down at her. "Your brother will fucking kill me if he finds out."

Rae pulls herself into a sitting position and doesn't even look at me as she says, "finds out about what? There's nothing going on between us. Now get the fuck out of my room."

I look down at her in confusion, "Rae..."

"I said, get out."

I give her one last confused look before I do just that.