8. To Kiss & Greet Strangers

"I'm feeling a little too good." Eva slurs as she leans a little farther back into the couch. She flutters her lashes at me and is giving me a, well, what I believe is supposed to be, sexy smile. But it's not really working out the way she'd probably planned it too since she clearly is feeling more than a little too good.

She's absolutely wasted. Great. I've come to the realization that most college girls cannot handle their liquor. You can tell by the half open eyelids. The goofy smiles and flirtatious giggling that's just a notch louder than normal. The incessant need to listen to music and dance. All that, among other things.

A loud feminine moan comes from the direction of Rhys' room which makes Eva let out a loud giggle. Case and point. I let out a sigh as the feminine moan is joined by a louder set of masculine ones. Just wonderful.

"We should head over to your room and do what they're doing. We could make it a competition."

"A competition?" I quirk an eyebrow up at her.

"Yeah, see which couple can make each other moan louder."

Oh...

She leans into me and kisses my collar bone with her plump red lips. She leaves a line of hot wet kisses all the way up to the corner of my jaw. "You smell delicious, Bello." Her tongue runs along the outer rim of my ear and then she begins suckling on my ear lobe. "Mmm, good enough to eat."

"Eva, we probably shouldn't do this right now." I'm really not into having sex with a drunk girl when I feel practically sober. There's that and I'm definitely not into the fact she may or may not remember the experience. Yeah, no. Not my thing.

"Mmmm," she hums into my ear seductively "and whys that?"

"I just think maybe you've," she straddles my lap and kisses me. I grab her by the shoulders and slowly pull her back. "Eva, seriously, maybe we should just," her lips smother mine as she goes for my belt, trying to unbuckle it. "Hey," my hands leave her shoulders, grabbing her hands right before they go down my pants. "We should just..." I'm cut off by the sound of someone knocking on the door and even though I have zero idea of who it is I'm grateful for the excuse to get up and get Eva off of me. "I, uh, let me get that." I move her off of me, sitting her back on the couch, causing her to pout at me with those bright red lips of hers.

"Don't keep me waiting too long." She winks at me seductively.

Yeah, that is definitely not happening tonight. I'm one-hundred percent sure that she's on an entirely different level than I am. I'm a big guy and I can handle a lot more than her, clearly. I'm not even rocking a solid buzz right now. There's no way I'd bring her to my bed unless I was on that exact same level but the truth of the matter is, it would take hell of a lot more than three drinks to get me there.

I straighten out my shirt and pants before heading over to the door. I check out the peephole first and have no idea who the guy is standing on the other side. Probably one of Rhys' friends. I open the door, but only slightly because this guy may be one of his friends but I'd sure as hell never met him and the fact that it's two in the morning too.

He looks me up and down seeming just about as confused to see me as I am him. "Oh, I think I'm at the wrong place." His deep accented voice says. "My apologies."

"No, Liam, you're at the right place." Rae says, her heels clicking on the floor behind me until she reaches the door. "This," she tries getting around me but I don't budge "is just my brother's friend. Jesus, Seth, can you get the fuck out of the way? Fucking jolly green giant." She mumbles the last bit under her breath at me.

I step back but I can feel my features turning darker as I look him over. The guy, Liam, is about my height, just a touch shorter, with dark-brown hair and grayish-blue eyes. She leans in and places a kiss on his lips which leaves an intensely uneasy feeling in my gut. I have no reason to feel this way but it doesn't change the fact that I do.

It was just a blow job and some kissing. That's it. It was a mistake. She's got every right to do what she wants. But even though those thoughts are running through my head I still can't help the slightly nauseated feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"It's good to see you, princess." He embraces her in a hug but looks up into my eyes with an intensely possessive glare as he does so.

Princess? Oh, just fucking gag me. Did he seriously just call her that? She's no princess. She's a dragon.

"You ready to go?" He murmurs into her hair before kissing the top of it.

What the fuck? Go where? Who is this guy?

She pulls away from him, looking up into his blue eyes as she practically purrs, "you have no idea just how ready I am." She throws me a look over her shoulder that is the embodiment of the word bitchy, "if my brother asks for me in the morning just tell him I'm out. Oh and the next time you answer the door you may want to wipe off that cheap lipstick that's smeared all over your face."

Before I can respond she's already out the door, leaving me standing there feeling like an awkward third wheel. I reach up and wipe my lips. When I look at my fingertips I see Eva's red lipstick staining them. This is why I hate red lipstick. It looks good but it makes a fucking mess.

I stare at the door, letting out a hearty sigh before turning and making my way back into the living room. I'm honestly not even surprised to find Eva passed out on the couch. She was definitely feeling way too saucy and I'm glad I don't have to try and explain me not wanting to sleep with her. I've found that explaining something like that to a woman who's intoxicated usually ends up in a fit of tears or an argument.

I walk over to the couch and situate her body in a position that won't leave her with an aching neck in the morning. I know she'll probably have a hangover whenever she wakes up and having a stiff neck on top of that is a pain in the ass. I lay a blanket over her then walk to my bedroom.

Once I'm inside I close the door, change and then sit on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. I think back over the last couple of days and how hot and cold Rae has been with me. I try to wrap my head around what had happened earlier tonight.

I don't get why she'd even care who I was with since she's dating someone. I mean, she seemed all upset at the fact I was with Eva and then that kiss. That mind-bending kiss. That fucking kiss. It made me want to take her right there on that bed but then she'd acted like it was nothing. Because it means nothing.

I lay back on the bed and stare at the ceiling. Maybe what happened between us really was nothing. It means absolutely nothing. It's nothing. I let out a loud grunt of frustration.

So much for getting laid.