27. To Mend Or Break - ✭RAE✭

My eyes flutter open as I hear my name called out. I take a deep breath, feeling the weight of his body behind me and can't help but smile. Seth. I've had this dream a couple of times in the past few months but none of them felt as real as this one does. I close my eyes tighter and take a deep inhale, breathing him in. I sigh knowing I'll be fully awake soon and this will be nothing but a dream.

It's always a dream.

"Raegan?" I hear Liam's voice call out. "I see you dipped into the whiskey last night." I hear his footsteps on the tile floor in my kitchen and him put the bottle back into the cabinet where it belongs.

My eyes fly open this time as events from the previous evening start to fill my brain. The conversation we'd had, me crying in his arms afterward. I go to sit up but a heavy arm is holding me in place. Oh fuck. I elbow backwards forcefully causing Seth to grunt.

"What the hell was that for?" He grumbles groggily into the pillow. "These pillows smell just like you." Seth takes a deep inhale. "I was sleeping so good on them."

"Seth," I begin to whisper-shout, "shut the fuck up and get up." I push against him but he just frowns, eyes still closed. "God damn it, Seth. Seriously, you need to GET UP!"

"Why?" He rolls onto his stomach, putting both hands beneath his head. "I'm so fucking tired." That's when Liam calls out my name again and Seth's eyes fly open. "Oh fuck. Is that Liam?"

"Yes!" I look at him panicked. "He's here to pick me up for work."

"Right." He gets up and grabs his clothing because, for some reason, he's just in his boxer-briefs. "I'll hurry."

I don't have to say anything else because he already knows this will look terrible. Although Seth and I didn't sleep together, meaning we didn't have sex with one another, we must've fallen asleep together. I honestly have no recollection of falling asleep at all, especially with him in his underwear. We probably just blacked out from all the drinks at the bar and the whiskey.

I can hear Liam taking the steps that go into the living room and my heart is beating faster than the speed of light. "Get in the bathroom!" Seth immediately jogs into the room without a second glance. I take a quick inventory of the room, making sure there's nothing to give us away before running into the bathroom as well.

"Raegan?" I can hear his footsteps coming into my bedroom. "Princess?"

"I'm- I'm in here." I reach down and slowly lock the door and thank god for that because he tries the handle.

"Are you ready for work? We're going to be late." He tries the handle again. "Raegan," his voice sounds slightly suspicious, "why'd you lock the door? Come on, let me in." The handle jiggles a little bit more.

I take a few steps backwards so I'm not right up against the door. Think Rae. Come on, think. I look over to Seth who is animatedly silent vomiting into the toilet and feeling his forehead while fanning himself.

Right. Say that I'm sick.

"I'm just-" I kneel down next to the toilet and faux vomit into it. "I'm just so sick." I throw in a round of gagging before I make vomit noises again while Seth gives me a thumbs up mouthing the words 'sell it'.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. Unlock the door so I can take care of you."

"I-" I make another fake vomit noise "I can't. I don't want you to see me like this." I flush the toilet and let out an exaggerated sigh. "I look like utter hell." Well, this situation will look like utter hell to him if I open that door.