Chapter 22

Morgan woke up at home. Her side was giving her pain again and it was bad. She reached over grabbing her phone. She needed to go to the hospital immediately. She dialed Miles number but he didn't answer.

"Jesus Christ" she said laying down taking a deep breath, the pain was unbearable.

She laid down for about three minutes until the pain ease down. She started to sit up but it started to hurt again. She laid down and tears fell from her eyes, she was in so much pain and couldn't move.

She dialed Tasia number and she didn't answer either. She had forgot Tasia went to church with Ben this morning. She did no other than call Joshua who also didn't answer. She heard a knock on the door and prayed it was somebody with a car.

"Come on Mo, you can do this girl" Morgan coached herself as she slowly got up.

"Jesus" she said to herself feeling all the pain.

"You can do this" she encouraged herself as she slowly walked out her room.

She slowly walked down the stairs step by step breath by breath. Once she got the door she quickly opened it. Miles mom stood tall and beautiful in her church clothes,

"Morgan baby...are you ok" his mom asked concerned.

"May you please, I'm begging you" she said as she began to lose her breath.

"Take me to the hospital" she said after a long breath.

"Yes come on, can you walk" she asked Morgan and she shook her head yes.

"Yes but I need to lay down.... my wound is opening again" she said and his mom grabbed Payton arm and put it around her neck.

"Wound for what" His mom curiously as she closed the door and they walked down the stairs.

"I took a bullet for your son because I love em" She told her and his momma looked at her.

"No Morgan... are you serious" she said sadly as they reached her car.

"I wish I wasn't" she said as she slowly got in the car hissing at her pain.

She got Morgan in and closed the door. She walked around her car and got in. She sped to the hospital, she was missing church and everything. Once she got there she got out and had them get Morgan and wheel her to the back.

"I'm gonna kill this boy" His momma said pulling off heading to church.

She got there and got out. She walked in at the right time cause the pastor was fend to start preaching. She sat beside Miles as he held Justice and his Junior.

"Miles, when were you going to tell me Morgan took a bullet for you. I thought you told me you were done with the gang stuff son" his mom caught him completely off guard.

"Who told you that" He asked lowly and his mom looked at him.

"Morgan, I had to take her to the hospital this morning" his mom said and he turned his head so quick once he heard that.

"What happened" He asked and she sigh.

"She said something about her wound being open again. Miles how did she get shot" she asked and Miles hopped up quickly.

"Momma I gotta go, I promise to tell you when I come back" he said and Junior began to cry.

"Come on lil man. You can ride with your big brother" he said grabbing junior and they left.

"Ma where he going" Ben asked as he leaned over in Miles mom ear and whispered.

"Hospital" she said and he looked at her.