Chapter 15

Today was my off day but I wanted to go to work

Today was my off day but I wanted to go to work. I knew today was Sunday and Morgan would probably be at the library. I honestly only got this job because of her.

My life was a hassle and ever since I started working there Morgan somehow made me smile. She was a pretty smart girl and very beautiful. I was starting to like her but we could never have a conversation. She's always in a rush.

I went to the front desk because I knew around this time she'd be coming in. As the three kids ran to the front desk asking me to ring their books up I seen the elevator open. Morgan walked out the elevator looking beautiful as ever but I noticed the sling on her arm.

"Hey josh" she spoke with a smile and I smile nodding at her.

"Here y'all go" I said handing him them their books.

"Sheila I'm going off the clock" I told her and she smacked her teeth.

"Josh you ain't even suppose to be here anyways" she fired at him and I smacked he teeth.

"Whatever" I said as I walked passed her.

"Morgan, what happened to your arm" I asked walking over to her.

"My dad abused me for two years straight, I almost got raped, I broke my wrist and he broke my finger, ran me though a gate and finish breaking my arm, now we're here. I'm good tho, how's your life" she told with no emotion at all, I was stunned by what he just heard.

"Mo... can I tell you something" I asked her and she sat back closing her book.

"What" she said wiping the water from her hair off her neck.

"I wanna get to know you, I mean ever time I try to talk to you, you in a rush and you never have time" I told her and she looked at me.

"Josh, no. My life isn't ok. Not that there's anything wrong with you, your a pretty cool dude but.... I don't know" she said shrugging and I sigh.

"Morgan I don't wanna just jump into a relationship, I wanna get to know you and see what you like and don't like. Patience's Mo" I told her with a small smile, she seemed so over life.

"I'm sorry Josh to end this conversation here's my number, my arm is in a lot of pain right now" she said squeezing her eyes tight due the pain.

"I'll give you a call" I told her as she slowly stood up.

"Hold that book for me, I'll be back for it" she told me with a small smile, she looked like she was in a lot of pain.

"See you later Mo, I hope you feel better" I told her as she limped away.

"Alright see you" she told me as she got on the elevator.

*Morgan P.O.V.*

Her arm was in pure pain. She had to go back Miles house immediately and get a painkiller. She walked up the stairs and knocked on the door, nobody was home. She pulled my phone out and called Miles but he didn't answer.