CHAPTER 9

M O R G A N

"Hey Morgan, sweetie can I talk to you for a minute" my mom asked as she walked in my room.

"Yea" I told her as I put my paintbrush down.

"Your father... he called and asked about you, he said you wasn't answering your phone, why" she asked folding her arms across her chest.

"Oh umm... I didn't know he called me" I told her standing up cleaning my hands with a wipe.

"Well call him, I know we divorce but I don't want y'all relationship to stop, his your father Mo" she said with a bit of an attitude.

"Ok ma, next time he call me I'll answer" I told her and she rolled her eyes walking out my room.

"Pms I think" I said to myself as I walked out my room.

It was Saturday which was a free day. School was ok last week but we have a math project coming up next week and I was praying I could work by myself. I walked to the kitchen and began fixing lunch.

I opened the fridge to see it was completely empty. Nothing but waters, orange juice, and milk with no cereal. I sigh, I had to walk to the store. I already knew it.

"Mom I need money for groceries" I told her as I walked over to the living room.

"There's five hundred dollars on my debit card for you, your father is going to send you money every week so here" she said handing me her card.

"Why" I asked and she shrugged.

"Me and your father got a divorce because he's a kingpin Mo, and I don't want you around that" she told me and I was a bit shocked.

"As in drugs and killing people" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes and I told him either we get a divorce or I was gone snitch on him" she said and I sigh, wow.

"I don't even have nothing to say, I'm going to the store" I told her as I walked back upstairs.

I grabbed my phone and headphones. I slid my PINK slides on and looked in the mirror. My hair was neatly parted down the middle hanging to the middle of my back. I walked out my room and down the stairs.

"Call me when you get to the store, I want you to grab me something" She said and I nodded before leaving the house.

It was a bit warm outside so I had on a black nike sweatsuit. I'd say i looked average today. Not to pretty not to bummy. I headed up the street to the neighborhood grocery store, Carl's Super Market.

Once I got there I grabbed me a buggy and began shopping. I grabbed some sandwich meat, bread, a couple snacks and a juice. I called my mom only to find out she wanted some beef jerky, so I grabbed her some and me some.

"Thank you" the man said before I could pay for my food.

"Umm sir... I didn't pay for my items" I told him and he smiled.

"A gentleman that just walked in paid for it, your fine sweetheart" he told me and I was so confused.

"Who" I asked and all of a sudden I felt somebody presence on the side of me.

"Me, wassup Mo" he said handing the man forty dollars then walking around me.

"Afternoon Miles" i greeted him back as I grabbed my bags.

"I got it" he told me as he moved my hands grabbing the bags.

"Umm.. you being to nice what you want" I asked as I put my hands on my hips, he looked nice today.