CHAPTER 5

M O R G A N

I was dropping junior off since we had been at the park for two hours. This little boy was one of the most precious thing I ever seen. He definitely was a boy with the cutest smile ever. He had been saying name all day, I really loved babysitting him.

He was now asleep on my shoulder as I walked up his driveway. My mom had already knew I would babysit Junior whenever, we FaceTime earlier. I knocked on the door as my phone went off with a Text Message. I only have one friend so I knew who it was.

"WHO IS IT" I heard a mans voice as I reached my phone, which was in my back pocket.

"Morgan" I said lowly, I don't know why. The door swung up and I quickly rolled my eyes, in my head though.

"What you doing here" he asked me and I cleared my throat before standing up straight.

"I'm dropping Junior off, is Miss.Pat here" I asked him and he smacked his teeth.

"You can give him to me" he said holding his hands out making me step back.

"Excuse me but I'm dropping him off to the person I picked him up from" I told him and he scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Girl if you don't give me my damn bro-" he was cut off by Miss.Pat appeared at the door.

"Boy I done told you about your mouth" she said and they looked just alike.

"Here you go" I said carefully handing him over to her.

"Thank you, I see he had fun" she said as he snored on her neck.

"Indeed he did, I'll see you guys later" I said since it was getting dark.

"Wait sweetie, your forgetting you money" she said and I shook my head no.

"Oh no ma'am, you guys don't have to pay me, he's a sweet child" I told her not wanting to accept it.

"Oh I'm not paying sweetheart, he is" she said pointing a him.

"Who" He said and she smacked him upside the head causing me to chuckle.

"Boy give her the fifty dollars so she can go" she said and he smacked his teeth going in his pocket.

"Here, I don't have change" he said handing me a hundred dollars.

"umm I'll give you your change next time I see you" I told him as I grabbed the hundred dollar bill.

"Alright" He said and I turned walking off the porch. I waved as I walked home.

As I walked home I had my music in. I was listen to Love by Musiq Soulchild. He was such a great artist, plus I loved old school music. It was definitely a vibe unlike the music that is being made now. No offense, the music we got now is good, like Ella Mai, Kehlani, H.E.R., and Queen Naija. But old school was a meaning.

I walked up the driveway humming to the rest of the song as it ended. Inserting my key in the door knob, I opened it. I walked in the house humming the song as it still played in my head. Closing the door, I looked up to see my father on the couch.

"Oh god" I mumbled to myself as I almost had a heart attack.

"What's wrong" he asked me and I wasn't sure if I should've answer his question.

"You scared me" I said lowly was I looked down at my fingers.

"Did I tell you to speak" he asked me as he stood.

"Don't be scared, Don't be scared" I whispered to myself as I shook my head.

"What did you say" he asked me as he walked closer and closer.