CHAPTER 7

M O R G A N

Tasia had dropped me off an a hour ago. Miss.Pat called me and told me that Junior was out with his brother so she didn't need me to babysit. I was now sitting at home finishing my painting while listening to Middle Child by J.Cole.

"MORGAN" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"IM COMING" I yelled back as I put the top back on my paint and paused my music.

"Holy shit" I said as I got up and hit my toe on the side of the bed.

"Ma'am" I said as I reached downstairs.

"Family discussion" she said and I nodded as I sat on the couch beside Nia.

My father sat on one side of the other sofa and my moms sat on side. I sat down on my feet in a criss cross.

"Ok so as you guys me and you father are married" she said and i paid attention making sure not to look at my father.

"Your uncle" she pointed to Nia. I felt a feeling but I couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

"Yes ma'am" I said nodding my head in agreement. So did Nia.

"Well me and Michael here's has been divorced for two years now so I guess it's time we tell you guys because we're going out separate ways" she said causing my eyes to widen.

"Oh wow" I said by accident.

"Your father is moving back to Miami and I'm staying here, if you wanna go you can if not that's fine with me" she said and I dropped my head.

I was stuck.

"I'm leaving tomorrow" his deep voice feel the room.

"Well.... I'm going to Miami" Nia said and I looked over at her.

"What about you Mo" my dad sat up looking at me.

"Umm... I'm going t- to stay here" I said strutting a bit.

"Good. Cause I didn't wanna be in this house alone" my mom said and they way my father looked at me, I knew I was done.

"Alright then. Nia let's start packing" he said standing up, I felt his eyes on me.

"Can I be excused, I have school tomorrow alone with a exam" I told my mom and she smiled at me.

"Sure sweetheart, good night" she said and I stood up as my father and Nia already headed upstairs.

"Night mom" I waved at her as I headed upstairs.

As soon as I walked in my room, my jaw connected with the wall as my father punched the crap out of me. As I fell, he closed the door locking it. I knew this was gone be the worse beating of my life, and it was gone take place all night.

*Next Morning*

I woke up to my phone ringing as I laid on the floor. I stood up slowly as my hip ached. Lastnight, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He left ten minutes into the beating, because my mom was calling him. He never came back.

"Hello" I answered not looking at the contact.

"Girl where you at, we in third period already" Tasia said and I looked at the clock. It was eleven o'clock.

"I'm sorry, I'm coming" I told her and she sigh.

"Mo you don't have to come if you don't want to, it's only your first day that you missed" she said and I walked towards my closet.

"Oh I'm coming, I lost track of time" I told her and she sigh again.

"Alright well, I'll be there to get you in thirty minutes so hurry" she said as I grabbed a black sweater and some blue jeans.